Arcam Diva A90 v NAD C370

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

I'm thinking to upgrade my amplifier and I would like to go for an Arcam as they seems to be perfect partners for Monitor Audio's speakers (I have the RS8's), do you think is a good move replacing the lovely NAD C370 with an Arcam Diva A90?

Thanks

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No!

Having owned a nad 370, arcam alpha 9 and 10 and heard my mates nad 352 there is very little in all four amps. Nad worked very well with my rs6's, I think I preferred it to the arcam tbh

There used to be a member who compared his Alpha 8 + power amp with the Diva P90, and said, although powerful, lacked control. Based on that info I would suggest the Nad is the better option. Alternatively, I'd rather look at the DIVA A85 + P85 than the 90.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, so would be better stretch the budget and go for an Arcam FMJ A28 or FMJ A32 I guess, only then I'll probably hear some considerable improvement on sound clarity and soundstage?

cobra11 said:
Dear all,

I'm thinking to upgrade my amplifier and I would like to go for an Arcam as they seems to be perfect partners for Monitor Audio's speakers (I have the RS8's), do you think is a good move replacing the lovely NAD C370 with an Arcam Diva A90?

Thanks

Hi cobra11

No
smiley-smile.gif
Hold on to your NAD C370. For an improvement add the matching C270 power amplifier and then bi amp your Silver RS8 speakers :rockout:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd stick with the NAD too...

But in saying that...

The Arcam Alpha 10, FMJ A32 amps would certainly give the NAD a good run for its money and with certain music, better it!

The Arcam A90 amp has bags of power but no depth or guts to its soundstage; overall too soft and wet when it comes to decent bass; it's all midrange and top-end to me.

I've only ever owned the Arcam Alpha 10 and FMJ A32 amps but heard the Alpha 8 and 9 and the more recent FMJ series amps (A18 and A38) and they still couldnt hold up to the Alpha 10 or FMJ A32! These were the best amps Arcam ever made IMO...

The NAD C370 is a tank of an amp BUT the C352 (PD version) is also a belter as was the C355BEE but they're ONLY 80wpc (lol - 80WPC is more than enough for the RS8 speakers)!

I am in agreement though; the C370 amp with a C270 power amp would be hell of a combo and would take thousands of pounds to be bettered!

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your helpful replays I'll probably follow your advice of bi-amping, it will probably save me few bucks and soothe my upgrade bug.

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

I'm not an expert in electronic and connections, is it quiet straight forward bi-amping my NAD C370 with a NAD C270? Do I need to connect the 2 ampli together (how?) or is enough run another set of cables to the speakers? Also how I'll control the volume, from one ampli only or from both?

Forgive my ignorance, I only got decent ears for a good sound :dance:

A

Anonymous

That's it :)

Connect the integrated amp to the power amp and then, this is what I do, connect the HF to the integrated and the LF to the power amp

Then the integrated then controls the volume etc...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts