Arcam CD 73 needs a good amplifier

Yetholm

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I have recently purchased an Arcam CD 73T cd player which I currently play through my Marantz SR7200 Receiver. I would like to separate my cinema surround sound from the music side. I have a buget of around £400 to purchase a suitable amplifier. My speakers are Castle Harlech floor standers. Could someone suggest a suitable amplifier that would do justive to both the arcam cd player and the castle speakers.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Get a second hand A85/P85 from fleabay and biamp. Alternatively get yourself a new A90 which is currently end of line and less than half price at £399. Then you can upgrade with a power amp in the future. Trust me you won't regret it.

Yetholm

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I can be rather impulsive and in the time between posting and your response I have bought the Arcam diva A 70. I hope I won't be disappointed. once again thanks

matthewpiano

I think you'll want to get a power amp to go with that pretty quickly. The A70 is pretty average on its own, but adding an Arcam power amp and bi-amping your Castles will change things drastically.

Hope you really like it anyway.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Can you change your order at this stage and go for something better? The A70 isn't one of Arcam's better amps by all accounts.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS