Arcam Alpha and 8P upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Looking on some advice in combining my hifi with my home cinema. Apparently my music room is more suitable as a dining room
emotion-2.gif
Anyway I have Tannoy revolution R3's as my main hifi speakers driven by the Arcam alpha8&8p biamped using Nordost Blue Heavens. I have bought the Revolution centre and rears to match the main speakers so now my dilema is which suround receiver to buy.I'm looking for something that at least matches the hifi I have in sound quality-music will be my priority-I'm guessing any amp I buy will be a significant improvement over the Yamaha DSP-A5 I am using at present in my cinema set up. My budget will stretch to the Arcam AVR350 but do I need to go to this level to get the music quality I want??

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

There's no reason why you can't "plumb" the A5 in, by sending the front L/R signal into a spare input on the 8, using the pre-outs on the back of the A5 (I assume it has full set of pre-outs).

That way you get the decent stereo set-up when you want it, and then you just turn both amps on for home cinema duties. You'll just need to set the volume of the 8 to around 12 o'clock to balance all the speakers.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply-that's a good idea,but I have just sold the arcams. If anyone can give feedback on the arcams avr350 or the onkyo 905 I'd appreciate it with regards to 2 channel stereo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts