Arcam A38 vs A32 - review question

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I've noticed that Arcam A38 didn't get many stars on WHF review (3 only). Does that mean that it's not as good as A32 or it's better but not as good as competition these days.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
As always it depends what magazine you read and whose post you read. WHF didnt give it a good review - however before you ditch the A38's potential HiFi Choice loved it and gave it a glowing report and 5 stars.

My local Hifi dealer advised me in a very short demo it was in their opinion better than the A32 but not by a big margin at all. Given you could get the A32 for prices under £700 it made the A32 the best buy for me at the time. Of course time moves on and the bargains do run out.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
crusaderlord:As always it depends what magazine you read and whose post you read. WHF didnt give it a good review - however before you ditch the A38's potential HiFi Choice loved it and gave it a glowing report and 5 stars.

My local Hifi dealer advised me in a very short demo it was in their opinion better than the A32 but not by a big margin at all. Given you could get the A32 for prices under £700 it made the A32 the best buy for me at the time. Of course time moves on and the bargains do run out.

Yes I've read HiFi Choice review as well, it didn't look that bad
emotion-21.gif

I tried to get A32 in black today but can't find it anywhere (only silver is left) so I'm going to go for CD36 + A38 (found it ex-demo for less than 1k).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts