Aquestion for Max

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi max,i have narrowed down my search for a tv to a panny 42g20 or an LGpk350,what with the well publicised problems with panny plasmas,which would you or anyone else choose now?My son has sky hd,ps3,sony370 bd player,yamaha 667 + Boston speakers. he has around 3m to his viewing spot + @ £850 budget.He will buy instore where a comparison is not an option.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
FWIW, I was on the verge of buying a 50in Pana V20 but was put off by V20 owners reporting - on this forum and others - issues with motion blur etc. From what I gleaned, IMHO it seems that several current Pana TVs have a mixed bag of problems - but hey, I might be mis-reading the situation?

Nonetheless, I was twitchy about shelling out c. £1500 for a TV that might have a fundamental design flaw/incompatibility with UK standards.

So, following AE Jim's lead, I went for a 50in LG PK350. IME, it's a great TV and miles better than the 47in Philips bought in Dec '09 - and returned/refunded due to a 'suspected' design flaw - which cost nearly twice as much as the PK350.

IMO, the PK350 is great for motion; has punchy colours with natural skin tones; the way it renders light/shade in outdoor scenes is excellent; and has pretty good edge definition. Only gripe is image retention of sub-menu boxes from DVD/BD main menu screens, but all clears after a couple of minutes.

And where is Max??

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:And where is Max??

Quite the celebrity at the moment isn't he?!

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Hentoes:hi max,i have narrowed down my search for a tv to a panny 42g20 or an LGpk350,what with the well publicised problems with panny plasmas,which would you or anyone else choose now?My son has sky hd,ps3,sony370 bd player,yamaha 667 + Boston speakers. he has around 3m to his viewing spot + @ £850 budget.He will buy instore where a comparison is not an option.
'Ang on! Am I the only one who's detecting similarities in Hentoes's and Max's writing-style...??
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts