ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hello all...

Does anyone know if you need a transmitter and receiver for apt-x to work?

If I stream music via bluetooth from my iPad to an apt-x enabled system, will the apt-x codec work? Or do I need an apt-x transmitter connected to the iPad first?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes it will work. Any dongle plugged into your iPad simply takes the audio out via the 30-pin connector in the same way as if you were plugging it into a dock. Once it does that the transmission method is determined by the dongle - aptx or not. Sennheiser used to make one similar - BTD 300i - and another one that plugged into the 3.5mm jack - BTD 300 audio. Almost all wireless devices other than Apple include aptx, certainly all Sennheiser wireless headphones do.

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
In answer to your original question, you need a transmitter and a receiver. It's no good having a headphone that is apt-x compatible if the transmitter (your iPad, for example) doesn't include apt-x as part of it's Bluetooth profile. The opposite applies - you won't get apt-x quality audio if your headphones are not compatible, regardless of whether the transmitting device uses the apt-x codec.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts