Apple Composite and Component cables?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently bought an Apple iPod Classic 80GB. Iv got loads of videos on my ipod and wanted to play them through my TV. I bought a 3.5mm jack plug to RCA (red, white and yellow) this played tha audio but not the video, so I sent it back. I then bought cable that goes from the iPod connector on the bottom of my ipod to RCA (red, white and yellow) this again only produced sound but no audio. I have now looked on the apple website and there a mass of Apple Composite and Component cables i have no idea which of these cables I need and which i need to get my vidoes to play through my TV. I have a new HDTV so I have the green, blue and red cables as well as the usual red, white and yellow.

Any help????

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, the red and white cables on both are for audio (left and right). The yellow cable is a Composite video connection - it's the worst type of connection you can get for video basically. The one with green, blue and red cables is the Component video connection and will give you a much better picture. Arguably though, I would ask if you have any video on the iPod worthy of a component cable? If it's been compressed down to suit the iPod's tiny screen, I really don't think you're going to see much difference with a component cable over a composite cable (though I have never seen them in action, so feel free to correct me if you know better).

You should have been getting a picture with the second cable you had though (i.e. red, white and yellow). Did you definitely have the yellow cable hooked up to the correct input on the TV and the TV set to the correct setting to display this input? Also, what were you trying to output through this from your iPod?

A

Anonymous

I havve now bought and Apple composite cable which works fine. I have also been told that with the new ipod classics and nano you have to use a genuine apple cable to output the video

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts