Anyone know anything about Bose 203 speakers?

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Just picked a pair of these up and they sem ok, but cant seem to find any info on them anywhere really. Anyone got any eperience of these?

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Is this too soon for a bump?
emotion-18.gif

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I put them up against a pair of MA GS20s last week and they were shockingly good against them. The MA's were better but then I should hope so against a 2k pair of proper hi fi speakers, but they were amazingly good. Ive been unning them for a few weeks now and feel no urge to remove them. They do really well with films, probably because they work best when they're being pushed a bit and with music the bass/mid range from them is way more than I expected for their rather descreet size. They dont use a tweeter and it does show a little bit, but they are still quite clear and well defined.

I only paid £80 for the pair, and there is litrally zero to come close to challenging them at that money. They are considerably more musical than the MA R270s I have now put to surround duties (for which they work very well), and as long as you have a decent amp to drive their 6 ohm load I'd highly reccommend them, even at their £260 ish second hand value.

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
[*]Yeah, I dont think the owner knew what he had, but he was happy with that price so how could I argue with that. I'd say they certainly punch above their weight and when I eventually upgrade my front 3 I'm going to keep them as a zone 2 solution. Ive not heard the 201/301's but if they are anything like these they should work very well.

A

Anonymous

hi moonfly just been looking up on Bose website the 203s are a professional speaker i have heard them in action they sound really good . all i can say is Enjoy them you cant fault Bose kit . here is a link for your speakers http://worldwide.bose.com/pro/en_us/web/fs_203_loudspeaker/page.html

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
poltergeist said:
hi moonfly just been looking up on Bose website the 203s are a professional speaker i have heard them in action they sound really good . all i can say is Enjoy them you cant fault Bose kit . here is a link for your speakers http://worldwide.bose.com/pro/en_us/web/fs_203_loudspeaker/page.html
I'd be suprised if the OP reads your reply after three and a half years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts