Anyone excited about the IWatch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Anyone tempted when it finally comes. I got myself a Gucci watch and can't see me changing how about you? What's your watch and will you change? Cheers

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't own a watch as I use my smart phone to check the time. If I did own a watch I would not need it to connect to the internet as the screen will be to small for me to do anything on. Smart watches from any company are a big no for me.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Anyone tempted when it finally comes. I got myself a Gucci watch and can't see me changing how about you? What's your watch and will you change? Cheers

I don't have a need for another watch at the moment myself, nor feel the need of a smart watch of any description.

At the moment it seems like an exercise in miniturisation and after a few years will no doubt become redundant and most likely unsupported, possible battery life issues just like iPods, designed to build in obselescence. A watch that needs to be charged daily? It also relies upon other idevices for full functionality, so is more like a bolt on to an iPhone.

Hmm, not for me at the moment.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The only smartwatch I see as making any sense at the moment - is the Pebble. It has a black&white e-paper display, so the display is always on without using power & can be seen easily in sunlight.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I am definitely interested in "a" smartwatch.

I am waiting for better battery life to be honest. I'd want a week at least.

I do like the idea of not missing calls when my phone is not in my pocket, and being able to quickly check mails and notifications.

As for the Apple version...yuck. More Tomy than Jony.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested purely from a fitness perspective. I use strava on my iPhone when cycling, I'd like to make use of the heart rate analysis. Also the fact you can see your incoming mail and messages on your watch all sounds pretty cool to me!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Not really ... battery life is very disappointing for a wearable. A simple smart / fitness band can have battery life from a week to up to a year. Until a smart watch can deliver that kind of battery life I don't think they'll catch on beyond the initial novelty factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts