Any way around the BIG deezer RIP OFF on sonos ?

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Deezer Premium included with my EE mobile phone, and I saw on the SONOS publicity that Deezer was listed as being compatible so this was the final encouragement I needed to take the plunge and buy a Sonos set up.

But now having set it up this morning and got the SONOS working I then added my Deezer account and find you only get Deezer radio and not the full service of choosing what songs you like and making your own playlists etc.

So I look into this and find that having Deezer Premium isn't enough and they do Deezer Premium+ for £10 extra per month! But the sickener is for my £10 extra per month I only get exactly the same functionality as I already get on Deezer Premium which I can then send on my iPad via AirPlay to my old hifi but without the whole house being beemed to at once and with the draw back of only being limited to Apple devices

This just seems like a complete con to me :(

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope Deezer don't find out that Deezer Premium works very well streaming AirPlay from my iPad to my Hifi (via Apple TV) as they'd only block it and make that only for Deezer Premium+ subscribers too !

Both my wife and I love Deezer and the ability to just think of a song or album to listen too and instantly play it through the hifi (ok I admit it isn't cd quality) and I want to take that functionality and swap to sonos and have that ease of instant impulse music in any and every room in the house by gradually building a sonos home wide set up but £120 per year extra is a real speed bump to this plan!

:(

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Would a Sonos iPod Dock be a workaround? Can you output anything the e.g. iPhone 4S can play anything the phone can e.g. deezer, or does it only work with Apple music app ?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
SJCT99 said:
So I look into this and find that having Deezer Premium isn't enough and they do Deezer Premium+ for £10 extra per month! But the sickener is for my £10 extra per month I only get exactly the same functionality as I already get on Deezer Premium ...

If it's any consololation (and it probably isn't), it's on offer for 4.99 a month instead of the usual 10 ... for the first 6 months.

SJCT99

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think I will sign up for that offer and see if I can find a cheaper way of doing what I want asap. Thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts