Any reviews / opinions on Roth DBT-001 DAB radio please?

hifiman007

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm struggling to find any reviews on the Roth Audio DBT-001 DAB radio. I'm surprised What Hifi hasn't actually done one too. Any opinions or links to reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Don't want to break the House Rules here so the best I can do is refer you to the Roth AV Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/www.rothaudio.co.uk

Or, if you'd like to contact Roth AV direct at support@rothaudio.co.uk, we can send you some review scans from other publications.

And WHFS&V do have a DBT-001 for review as I delivered it myself a couple of months ago - on horseback and in a vaguely swashbuckling manner !

hifiman007

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi James. Thanks for your reply. WHFS&V must have not got round to reviewing it yet then, unless it's very well hidden on their website!

I think I will email for some reviews by other publications.

Thanks for your help.

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Joe,

Would it help you at all if I wrote the review ?

Just a thought - I know a bit about the radio and could write a fair, impartial and data-driven review based on my experience to date of this fabulous, stunning, attractive, great-sounding and amazing value-for-money product.......

:rofl:

TubularTechnician

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I can help you out here.

My wife hates it with a passion. She thinks its awful , that the sound is wretched and says she is going to smash it.

Because it goes off at 6am on the dot without fail and it wakes me up. Which is what I got it to do.

I think it looks great. Finish is top notch IMO and the set up is a doddle. Visualy it looks similar in style, but larger to the WHF award winner which if memory serves is £60 odd more expensive. I dont know which sounds better but I dont think you can justify the excess if, like me, your primary use is a) to wake you up and b) 10 to 15 mins of music before you fall out of bed.

My 8 year old Daughter cracked the BT function from her ipad mini first time and on numerous occasions the wife has had to kick her and her older sister out of our bed because they've fell assleep in there listening to spotify.

Turning the alarm off if you dont need it on a sunday (though I usualy do) takes a couple of go's before you remember it but my wife has failed to master it in 2 months so thats another plus point for me.

So to sum up: Good build quality, Good looks, ease of use, sounds nice and does what it is supposed to do. A 5 star rating from me *****

If only the above was still true of the wife. :)

My first review ! :dance:

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Started reading the above review last night and almost had a siezure.

Then carried on reading and my blood pressure eventually dropped back to normal as I started laughing.

Brilliant piece of writing.

And in my opinion, an entirely accurate and fair review of the Roth DBT-001.

But please - next time - give a little warning at the front end. I might not survive another review like this !

:cheers:

hifiman007

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Indeed! I had the same initial reaction as yourself James. I had to do a second-take and then all made sense. I thought to myself 'regardless of whether it's top of the list or not, there's no way Roth are going to make a terrible product'. Phew! I think it's still pretty much at the top of the list. Seems like it's pitched at just the right level and price point for me.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
ROTH AV said:
Don't want to break the House Rules here...

House Rule No.11

"The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind – this includes any information in signatures and biographies, and specifically prohibits trade users from linking within forum posts or their signature to their websites, special offers, etc."

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Andy - are you seriously having a go at me here ?

Joe Cox has already cleared my original post.

I haven't included any links to our Roth AV website or indeed to any special offers.

I referred the OP to our Facebook page as there are some reviews there - it's an attempt to be helpful to a user of your forum, which would seem to be appropriate as we're one of the few manufacturers that bother to get involved.

And I haven't tried to solicit business in anything i have written - unlike some of the stuff posted by PR people that seems to be waved through by WHFS&V without comment.

Explain.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
ROTH AV said:

House Rule No.11

"The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind – this includes any information in signatures and biographies, and specifically prohibits trade users from linking within forum posts or their signature to their websites, special offers, etc."

Think you should point this out to the AVI boys.........

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Sospri said:
Andy Clough said:
ROTH AV said:

House Rule No.11

Think you should point this out to the AVI boys.........

AVI don't post here. Well, not openly anyway.

hifiman007

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth - James I agree with you wholeheartedly. It makes a refreshing change for a company to take in interest in potential customers and especially someone in your position. It shows that you're a company that cares about your customers and your products. Keep up the good work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts