any pmc 21s owner...!!?

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi

This is the first time I am buying a pair of speakers without actually demoing.

I read the whifi review in which they say: these speakers don't sound half as good on low volume so, I gave pmc a call and gentleman told me "on the contrary, they are designed to sound good at low volume just as well as at high" and so on and so forth. He also thinks it could be down to the source they were using.

So love to know your thought.

Thanks

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't own PMC 21's but this short video explains quite well why PMC speakers sound better than many other speakers at lower volumes or indeed high volumes .*smile*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683FoCDilOE

iceman16

I don't own the PMC 21 either but had demo them at my local dealer including the 22,23 and 24. And yes they really sound vey good at low volume levels. The only downside IMO is that they're on the lean and a bit thin for my liking.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I’ve not heard the 21s but did demo the 22s, to me they weren’t quite what I was looking for but thought they did very well across a range of volumes, they are very open speakers with a great top end sound great at low volumes.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
iceman16 said:
I don't own the PMC 21 either but had demo them at my local dealer including the 22,23 and 24. And yes they really sound vey good at low volume levels. The only downside IMO is that they're on the lean and a bit thin for my liking.

Yes I agree PMC speakers can sound a little lean in comparison to some reflex ported type speakers this is usually because the ATL system that PMC uses eliminates the artificial upper bass hump or warmth that so many ported speakers are afflicted with , but when there is real deep bass in the recording the PMC ATL sounds far more realistic and preserves bass pitch far more accurately imo , and you very quickly get used to it *smile* .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts