Any Peachtree Nova owners?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I

Hi there, I am thinking of buying a Peachtree Nova for use with Sonos, my computer, my bluray player and my record player. I would be using all the functions of the Nova. I have an active subwoofer that I would connect to the pre-outs and a pair of passive Bang & Olufsen speakers. Do any Nova owners have any tips on set up (e.g. which cables to use, what settings etc.) or any other tips? Thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

Well I have the Nova in rosewood arriving today. My plan is to connect it as follows:

Sonos Connect by Chord Pro DAC coaxial to Nova

Computer by USB cable to Nova

Debut turntable through preamp by Chord crimson phonos to Nova

Bluray player by HDMI to TV and then together with TV by optical cable to Nova

The Nova will then be connected by pre-outs to subwoofer (although with the irritation that the sub woofer will not be muted like the speakers when listening with headphones, so would have to turn it off; but I have this problem anyway at the moment with my current setup) and also a pair of passive Bang & Olufsen rosewood floorstanders.

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Very nice. I hope all goes well in setting up.What were you using for amp/DAC previously? & what other products had you considered?Look forward to reading how you get on. Enjoy.

A

Anonymous

A Pioneer A-A9 with built-in Burr-Brown DAC for connecting my computer by USB and just using the Sonos' internal DAC to connect to it by phonos.

Thanks - I'm hoping it will make a fairly significant difference. Moving to Sonos led me to the Peachtree.

A

Anonymous

Here's an update in case anybody's interested.

I hooked up the Nova last night and briefly did some listening. The sound stage is definitely more separated and has far more bass than my previous system, so much so that I had to turn the subwoofer down.

Vinyl sounds lovely through it with the tube turned on, especially jazz. Both FLACs streamed from the Sonos through coaxial and from the computer by USB sound excellent, whether rock or electronica. But the real revelation was playing some opera FLACs with the tube stage on, particularly the voices sounded so lifelike and close with every breath and echo faithfully reproduced.

I'm looking forward to doing some more listening.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts