Any of these speakers for Yamaha A-S 500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, I need help to chose from the following speakers, Monitor audio bronze bx5, Dynaudio DM 2/7, or KEF Q300, for my Yamaha A-S500. much appreciated if any views on why one of these speakers will work well with my Yamaha A-S500. Cheers

A

Anonymous

All of those speakers will work well.

If you're looking at those dont rule out the likes of the Monitor Audio RX1's and RX2's or the B&W 685's either

What would be handy to know is what is your overall budget and also what music do you generally listen to?

Midi:Hi Guys, I need help to chose from the following speakers, Monitor audio bronze bx5, Dynaudio DM 2/7, or KEF Q300, for my Yamaha A-S500. much appreciated if any views on why one of these speakers will work well with my Yamaha A-S500. Cheers

Hi Midi

I've extensively used Dynaudio's DM 2/6 and DM 2/7 speakers with Yamaha's A-S500 amplifier over the last for months and i've found both combinations work superbly
emotion-21.gif

As for floorstanders Monitor Audio's BX5's also work well with the A-S500. The Q300 are good although i''ve found the A-S500 to sound upfront with these speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I am only planning to use one pair of speakers. the DM2/7 or BX5. my budget is up to £700

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:Midi:
Thanks guys, I am only planning to use one pair of speakers. the DM2/7 or BX5. my budget is up to £700

Hi Midi

Fwiw my overall choice would be Dynaudio's superb DM/27's
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ musicraft

emotion-19.gif
emotion-19.gif
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

monitor audio speakers go great with the yamaha A-S500. Im getting RX1's next week :D

A

Anonymous

Midi,

My advice would be to go and listen to all the speakers as not everybody likes the same sound.

The KEF Q300s are superb and truly deserving of the 5* review and winning this months group test.

However they are not stocked by all retailers but If you go to the KEF website you can use the dealer locater to find your nearest dealer - ring the retailer up and also see if they stock Dynaudio and B&W and Monitor or your Amplifier for the dem. Most dealers will let you take your AMP with you if they do not have one in stock.

Musicraft do not stock the Q300s so I am unsure how the opinion "I''ve found the A-S500 to sound upfront with these speakers" has been reached.

Listen to the Monitor Audios, Dynaudios, B&Ws and KEFs and decide which is best for you.

Best of luck.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
coventry13:Musicraft do not stock the Q300s so I am unsure how the opinion "I''ve found the A-S500 to sound upfront with these speakers" has been reached.
Agreed. We've done so many dems with the new Q series, and as far as I recall, of all that have listened to any of the new Q's, only one person has bought a competitor's product.

The Q's have worked well on every amplifier I've tried to date, which includes Yamaha, Roksan, Naim, Marantz, Rotel, Arcam, Cyrus and Quad - I've not yet tried them on Bryston or ATC amplification, but I know KEF go extremely well with Bryston, and I reckon the Q900's would sound pretty awesome with the SAI2-150 - I'll have to try that
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:coventry13:Musicraft do not stock the Q300s so I am unsure how the opinion "I''ve found the A-S500 to sound upfront with these speakers" has been reached.Agreed. We've done so many dems with the new Q series, and as far as I recall, of all that have listened to any of the new Q's, only one person has bought a competitor's product.The Q's have worked well on every amplifier I've tried to date, which includes Yamaha, Roksan, Naim, Marantz, Rotel, Arcam, Cyrus and Quad - I've not yet tried them on Bryston or ATC amplification, but I know KEF go extremely well with Bryston, and I reckon the Q900's would sound pretty awesome with the SAI2-150 - I'll have to try that
emotion-1.gif
You're agreeing that coventry doesn't know how Musicraft reached that opinion?

On a more serious note, how do you think the Kefs compare with the other speakers mentioned in the thread? I'm thinking dynamic range, soundstage, bass, detail without too much treble, and, above all, the midrange.

A

Anonymous

The KEFs tick all the boxes in terms of performance - what they do for £450 is very impressive.

The bass is very clean and isn't muffled. Some of the other speakers above sound like the bass is still in the cabinet. The mid-range and treble are detailed and the clarity of vocals is excellent.

What is most impressive is that the Bass, Mid-Range and Treble are all reproduced cleanly so tracks never sound muddled - listening to a track you can hear the various layers and instruments that are being played and the vocals but never at the expense of another. The overall sound stage and imaging is outstanding.

This makes listening to some of your back catalogue of music a new experience as they present detail you may not have heard before.

If you haven't had a chance to listen to them they are worth a trip to compare them.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Grottyash:On a more serious note, how do you think the Kefs compare with the other speakers mentioned in the thread? I'm thinking dynamic range, soundstage, bass, detail without too much treble, and, above all, the midrange.
The Q300's, for me, are just a wonderfully balanced loudspeaker. With most speakers, there always an aspect that let's them down - this might be an overpowering bass, a recessed midrange, a tizzy, unconvincing treble, or an overall boxiness to the sound. I find it hard to criticise the Q300's. Of course, they'll have limitations, but they don't seem to be the limitations of the average budget stand mount speaker.

It's a case of getting from them what you put in - in the right system, the bass is fast and agile, the treble is energetic without being overzealous, and neither of these aspects impounds on the midrange, which is extremely open and clear. Once you stop listening to the individual aspects of the speaker, you find that there is an openness and three dimensionality to the sound that belies their price point - I've heard speakers four or five times their price sound unable to match these Q's in this respect.

You may find one or two speakers in this thread will give the KEF's a run for their money, but I've yet to hear a similarly priced speaker compete against all of the Q300's strengths.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback on the Dynaudio speakers and the Yamaha A-S 500 amplifier.

This is exactly the combination I have been looking at. To be honest I would like a more visually pleasing speaker, but really, the sound should matter the most.

As many guys around my age (30) who lives in an apartment, you want to have speakers, but it's little point buying too powerful equipment as it will only result in complaints.

That is why the Dynaudio 2/6 with the Yamaha A-S 500 seem so good.

Rick @ Musicraft, Could you please let us know what are the differences between the Yamaha A-S 500 and the 700 model. Is it "worth" it to spend the extra money on the pricier model when the intended use is either the Dynaudio DM 2/6 or 2/7?

Secondly, how does the Dynaudio DM 2/6 and 2/7 compare? I have read some reviews around the interwebs and it seems the 2/7 has more bass (which I do not want to much of). The 2/6 is supposed to be the replacement of the old Audience 42 (please correct me if I am wrong) and according to review in Lyd & Bilde online they say it is positive on some levels that the chassis for the 2/6 is smaller.

I am no HiHfi guru, so what do i know. Please let us know your thoughts on this. Most likely I will not be able to test all the speaker/amp configs in the shops around where I live so I would really appreciate your honest opinion here.

Thanks.

maxflinn:MUSICRAFT:Midi:

Hi Midi

Fwiw my overall choice would be Dynaudio's superb DM/27's
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ musicraft

emotion-19.gif
emotion-19.gif
emotion-2.gif

Hi maxflinn

I thought the DM 2/7's recommendation would please you
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

YudaPhones:
Thanks for the feedback on the Dynaudio speakers and the Yamaha A-S 500 amplifier.

This is exactly the combination I have been looking at. To be honest I would like a more visually pleasing speaker, but really, the sound should matter the most.

As many guys around my age (30) who lives in an apartment, you want to have speakers, but it's little point buying too powerful equipment as it will only result in complaints.

That is why the Dynaudio 2/6 with the Yamaha A-S 500 seem so good.

Rick @ Musicraft, Could you please let us know what are the differences between the Yamaha A-S 500 and the 700 model. Is it "worth" it to spend the extra money on the pricier model when the intended use is either the Dynaudio DM 2/6 or 2/7?

Secondly, how does the Dynaudio DM 2/6 and 2/7 compare? I have read some reviews around the interwebs and it seems the 2/7 has more bass (which I do not want to much of). The 2/6 is supposed to be the replacement of the old Audience 42 (please correct me if I am wrong) and according to review in Lyd & Bilde online they say it is positive on some levels that the chassis for the 2/6 is smaller.

I am no HiHfi guru, so what do i know. Please let us know your thoughts on this. Most likely I will not be able to test all the speaker/amp configs in the shops around where I live so I would really appreciate your honest opinion here.

Thanks.

Hi YudaPhones

I would have the A-S500. Dynaudio's DM 2/6 and DM 2/7's both work well with the A-S500. The DM 2/7's build on the strengths of the DM 2/6's by mainly having greater scale, depth and dynamics.

Btw, Rega's Brio 3 is also worth a look as i've recently been using the Brio 3 with DM 2/6's and DM 2/7's and the results have been good.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

cereal

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Rick, I just came upon your post about Yamaha A-S500 from a year ago. I'm not sure if you're still active on this forum. Since you listened to the Dynaudio 2/7's with both Yamaha A-S500 and Rega Brio, did you like one pairing better than the other? I'm just trying to figure out if Rega Brio is worth spending the extra money on . Thank you.

Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts