Any differences between TH-46PZ80B and TH-46PZ81B (apart from FreeSat) ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Is anyone able to comment on whether there any differences between the two products, beyond the obvious inclusion of FreeSat in the 81B ?

If you follow the link below, it goes to a comparison table on Panasonic's own website . There's some very subtle differences. However it's not really clear whether the discrepencies are down to the lack of detailed information on their own 80B spec (they show n/a in some items). For example, does the 80B have PIP and PAP ?

The FreeSat looks inviting of course, but it's no immediate use to me as I want to use a PVR to record content. I've got a Humax PVR-9200 and will look to get their FreeSat / PVR combined product once one appears.

If there isn't a difference beyond FreeSat, I'll save myself some money and wait for a combined FreeSat / PVR box. My own p.o.v., but what's the point of FreeSat if I can't record it.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/287749/module/general/compare/products/displayResult.html?p=TH-46PZ80B&p=TH-46PZ81B gives the following (very) subtle differences

Intelligent frame creation
24p Real Cinema
Deep Colour (10 bit)
Digital Audio Output
PIP (Picture in picture)
PAP (Picture and picture)

I can see the PZ81B is a hot topic, so hopefully someone will be able to comment.
Thanks in advance.
Mike.

A

Anonymous

The Z81 is more like the Z85, with the addition of Freesat.

The Z80 is the entry level 1080p model, and you've identified most of the differences with the Z81. Also, the sound is not as good and the SD card doesnt play video, it dosnt have PIP. The PQ is going to be very similar though.

As you say "The FreeSat looks inviting of course, but it's no immediate use to me as I want to use a PVR to record content. I've got a Humax PVR-9200 and will look to get their FreeSat / PVR combined product once one appears." and I would agree with that, I would go for the PZ80. I dont believe the extras (IFC, deep colour...) are worth the extra money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts