Another Squeezebox question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Heres another question to get your teeth into.....Is the Squeezebox volume function digitally or analogue controlled. My guess is that its digital and if it is, it would seem to be a minus mark because it is generally regarded that digital volume controls 'take away' from the music. The general recommendation with digital volume controls is to set them at MAX and leave them there. The way I see it there would be no difference between the Squeezebox volume or the volume control in any of the music playback suites like iTunes or Foobar.

If its analogue, all well and good but I can't find any reference to it being such.

A

Anonymous

raym87:
Heres another question to get your teeth into.....Is the Squeezebox volume function digitally or analogue controlled. My guess is that its digital and if it is, it would seem to be a minus mark because it is generally regarded that digital volume controls 'take away' from the music. The general recommendation with digital volume controls is to set them at MAX and leave them there. The way I see it there would be no difference between the Squeezebox volume or the volume control in any of the music playback suites like iTunes or Foobar.

If its analogue, all well and good but I can't find any reference to it being such.

I have no idea whether the volume control is digital or analogue but it is possible to disable the Squeezebox volume control.

Apparently there are advantages in doing this.

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
i have a duet. the squeeze stuff has digital voume. u can do it using an onscreen slider on the pc using squeezecentre. just like itunes . or u can use the remote with something like a + and - button in the shape of speakers. or, as u say , set it to max, like u would with an ipod and use the amp, or in my case the avi 9.1 speakers volume control to change the volume. however im often surfing round my music witht he controller in hand and for speed use the volume change on it. I cant say i notice any difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts