Andrew, your needed!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, none at all. I drew the test team's attention to the thread, but so far nothing. Mind you just about everyone is either in Vegas at the moment or away on various holidays, so can't tell you much more...

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Andrew Everard:
chebby:Aren't we all?

Well, I'm not...

Yes, seems a trifle unfair? or is this payback for your jolly to Korea/Japan?

I think andrews payback is monitoring this site at stupidoclock this morning. Or he is like me insomuch as sleep these days is a no-no.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:or is this payback for your jolly to Korea/Japan?

Jolly? Jolly???
emotion-1.gif

No, more through choice, really...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Or sitting at home looking out at the just-cleared garden, thinking about what to put in it while answering threads on the Forums and posting news stories...?

You can keep your

VauxhallVivaHA.jpg

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I had a Vauxhall Viva! Superb car, it was called Albert (the name came with the car, I had no choice), reverse gear meant putting the gearstick in between the passengers knees and there was a live wire run through direct from the battery into the main compartment for some reason which sparked every now and then when it touched metal. Also, had to attach the engine back on to its mounts using cable ties after once I had to brake hard and it came undone and crashed into the radiator.

Ah, memories (wipes a tear away)...

professorhat:

I had a Vauxhall Viva! Superb car, it was called Albert (the name came with the car, I had no choice), reverse gear meant putting the gearstick in between the passengers knees and there was a live wire run through direct from the battery into the main compartment for some reason which sparked every now and then when it touched metal. Also, had to attach the engine back on to its mounts using cable ties after once I had to break hard and it came undone and crashed into the radiator.

Ah, memories (wipes a tear away)...

I had Harry the Herald. It was a 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60. I bought a Sharp cassette player - the car had a full length canvas sunroof. Marvellous!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:Was the Vauxhall Viva your first car, Andrew?

No - a Mk3 'Coke bottle' Cortina 2000GXL, black with black vinyl roof.

Got hit up the backside by a Fiat while waiting at lights, totalled the front end of the Fiat, scratched the paint on the bootlid of the Life on Mars-mobile a little and broke a rear light lens.

'Appy days, eh...?

A

Anonymous

Bright orange 1976 Mini with twin carbs, rally exhaust bolted directly to the underside, big wheels/tyres, hifi speakers in the rear footwells - what a fool I must have looked!

Good fun though.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A then 12 year old (but mint), midnight blue Corsair 2000 V4 with black leather seats (no, not the 2000E version). Very reliable. Nice runner even in 1980. Chrome came up beautiful with a bit of care.

A

Anonymous

A vauxhall viva £90 , changed to 1600E cortina , that was a nice car , wish i had it now, that car had soul. Now got BMW but have no feelings for it , its just a car, iam getting old.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts