An interesting read about the Chromecast audio

D

Deleted member 160668

Reading on phone. Anyone make into a hyperlink for me? Cheers

daveh75 said:
newlash09 said:

I've posted links to Archimago's findings regularly (often in response to the bollocks spouted by the usual suspects)

Part 1 is worth a read too for those that doubt the capabilities of the CCAs onboard DAC.

http://archimago.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/measurements-google-chromecast-audio.html
I have too, though I cannot recall if Archimago ever used to post himself on this forum. Interesting that the CCA uses a DAC by AKM, who I believe also supply the slightly superior one used in Linn’s multi-thousand £ Klimax DS!

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
There was an interesting thread on Linn’s forum where a contributor favourably compared the CCA to a Linn Akurate DS - as in he actually preferred it as the Linn sounded metallic to him - to much disapproval from the Linn herd. Some said you needed to spend hundreds on mains conditioners to make the DS work properly, but only one called that out!

insider9

First time I tried Chromecast Audio as a source using its internal DAC was via Onkyo A9010 via Dali Zensor 3. Didn't like it then. Returned the next day. And it was on offer at £20.

Since I've got Leema Tucana II here I decided to give Chromecast another go among other sources I've tried. Liked it even less.

As to sounding metallic... I only ever got that with ESS Sabre based DACs. Don't know enough about Linn to know what DAC chips they're using.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts