Amplifier Settings

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
this is really dumb of me but only just noticed so thought would share - just watching Angels and Demons on bluray with my onyko 876 7.1 setup and my amp is playing the dts master audio soundtrack and set itself to hd master audio from neural thx 7.1 and knocked my amp back to 5.1 not 7.1 i've been watching films like this for months and since have large room and normally sat down by time movies start i've never noticed doh!!!!

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
on the back of the blu-ray case does it say 5.1 or 7.1?

in my case, i have 7.1 but it only plays 5.1 when a blu-ray is put in or a film on sky is broadcast in 5.1, so the back 2 speakers are left 'not working'

When it comes to my ps3 slim when you turn that on & the main 'dash' comes up, the amp screen shows 7.1 which is what it is....

To get all 7 speakers working on mine, they only come on when i select a surround option. However it is only a stereo input from sky or tiscali

Afaik it needs to be broadcast or on the disc as 7.1. Could be wrong but that's what i think

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
yeah that's right - just that i never noticed before today that the back two weren't on but by using one of the sound modes you can force in to 7.1 creating more ambience! Just can't believe the number of films i watched and never noticed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts