Amplifier for Dali Rubicon 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I would seriously put those Dalis on speaker stands to get the very best out of them as they would be at the correct height for listening to properly considering how much they cost .

it looks to me that the hagal H160 or hagal H360 would be right for you going by there specs as I've never listened to a hegal yet or owned one but for you they seem to be a good streaming amp with good onboard dac so it would be a one box solution for you if your not bothered about cdplayer , TT . As I am not sure about the other amps that have been mentioned so far if they have onboard dac,s or not or you would have to buy a standalone dac which adds to the cost . As I know my Yamaha S-2100 has no onboard dac only the cdplayer does . The abrahamsen 2up I've had one that has no onboard dac or the marantz pm8005 does not .

When you demo for a new amp if possible take your Dalis with you and some of your favourite music that way you will know if the amp is matching your Dalis or not sound wise .

See if you can have a home demo so you can try out the amp for 2 or 3 days as things sound different at home . See if you can get sale or return if not happy in a week you can take the amp back without losing money .

gasolin

guitar58 said:
I own a pair of the Dyn' s 2/7 also,but am still looking for a good amp for them.

I'd like to know what your using to drive yours.

Retailers in my country won't shelve the good ones for audition.

I've read all the recent reviews from the budget to the best.

I can spend 1 to 2 k

Look at rotel or marantz pm8005

Plamd said:
Hi Musicraft

Thanks for sharing your customers experience. It.s very helpfull for me, because it is directly with Dali speakers. I'm seriosly thinking about Hegel H80. The only problem is that Hegel are not represented here and i cannot audition.

Best regards

Hi Plamd

You're welcome.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano said:
guitar58 said:
I own a pair of the Dyn' s 2/7 also,but am still looking for a good amp for them.

I'd like to know what your using to drive yours.

Retailers in my country won't shelve the good ones for audition.

I've read all the recent reviews from the budget to the best.

I can spend 1 to 2 k
Rick's comments on Hegel lead me to suspect they would also be a fine match.

Hi Matthew

I have DM 2/7's at home and have tested them with H80, H160 and H360. As with Dali the Hegel amps lock on and form an excellent match with the DM 2/7's. Hardly surpriding as i believe Dynaudio themselves also partly use Hegel amplification to develop their loudspeakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

S. Basu

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Plastic Penguin.

I have got a offer of Arcam FMJ 19, should i go this or have other offer of Denon PMA 1510 AE & Exposure 2010 Power Amp.

Plz suggest

Plamd said:
Al ears said:
Plamd said:
Hi Musicraft

Thanks for sharing your customers experience. It.s very helpfull for me, because it is directly with Dali speakers. I'm seriosly thinking about Hegel H80. The only problem is that Hegel are not represented here and i cannot audition.

Best regards

I am not sure where 'here' is but having heard a few Hegel set-ups I would say, and very rarely do, that the Hegel amps are ones that you can buy with confidence without audition. Clearly if you can audition it is a good idea to do so however, if it turns out that you really do think it is not suitable, which I would very much doubt, you could still sell it on with small financial penalty due to their popularity.

Thanks Al ears,

One more vote for Hegel :) I'm seriosly considering to buy Hegel without audition.

I would not normally advise people to do this but in my experience they are so neutral and do everything really well that they are unlikely to offend in any system. Well worth buying I would say. If you decide you do not like it then it should be rasy to sell on and you should be able to get most of your money back.

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
Plamd said:
Hi Musicraft

Best regards

I am not sure where 'here' is but having heard a few Hegel set-ups I would say, and very rarely do, that the Hegel amps are ones that you can buy with confidence without audition. Clearly if you can audition it is a good idea to do so however, if it turns out that you really do think it is not suitable, which I would very much doubt, you could still sell it on with small financial penalty due to their popularity.

Thanks Al ears,

One more vote for Hegel :) I'm seriosly considering to buy Hegel without audition. 'Here' is Sofia, Bulgaria.

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
emperor's new clothes said:
Hi Plamd,

Agree with BS above and have found synergy between "built in Japan" Marantz and Denon amps with Dalis. Not heard the Hegals, but would expect them to shine. I have heard the Marantz PM14SE with Rubicon 6s and sounded superb to my ears, as I would expect for 3 x the price of my own combo. From the same stable, the new Denon PMA 2500NE has had excellent reviews. HiFi + tested £11,500 Epicon 8s with high end Naim amps plus the 14SE and were surprised by how well a £1700 amp performed. Worth a read.

Hi emperor's new clothes,

Thanks for sharing your experiense with Marantz. It seems PM14S1 SE will do the job for me. I checked local distributor, but they don't have this model on stock. Also it's hard to find this model on internet stores. Denon are strong represented here. I'll call the distributor to check if somewhere is PMA 2500NE for audition.

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I would seriously put those Dalis on speaker stands to get the very best out of them as they would be at the correct height for listening to properly considering how much they cost .

it looks to me that the hagal H160 or hagal H360 would be right for you going by there specs as I've never listened to a hegal yet or owned one but for you they seem to be a good streaming amp with good onboard dac so it would be a one box solution for you if your not bothered about cdplayer , TT . As I am not sure about the other amps that have been mentioned so far if they have onboard dac,s or not or you would have to buy a standalone dac which adds to the cost . As I know my Yamaha S-2100 has no onboard dac only the cdplayer does . The abrahamsen 2up I've had one that has no onboard dac or the marantz pm8005 does not .

When you demo for a new amp if possible take your Dalis with you and some of your favourite music that way you will know if the amp is matching your Dalis or not sound wise .

See if you can have a home demo so you can try out the amp for 2 or 3 days as things sound different at home . See if you can get sale or return if not happy in a week you can take the amp back without losing money .

Thanks, Blacksabbath25, for your advices.

You are right about the stands. Now i use my old floorstanders Jamo Prestige 190 as "stands" (temporarily). I wanted to upgrade my system and save space with Rubikons, but I can reconsider my plans.

I agree that Hegel seems the most complying to my needs. I have Arcam IRDAC, but i can sell it if i buy Hegel with onboard DAC. May be H80 also will do the job, because H160 exceeds my budget.

Next days I will audition Parasound Halo Integrated amplifier . It has very good reviews, stating for good bass control and neutrality. Also it's in last Stereophile 2016 recommended list in class A section. I can buy it for 1800. What do you think?

There is posibility to take some of the amplifiers for home auditioning, if i pay full price in cash. I'll use this posibility. For other brands, I will need to take my Rubicons with me and go to the store for auditioning.

Thanks again for your help!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I really can not say about the parasound amps I never heard one before so can not comment on them or the Hegel amps only that the Hegel amps are good for streaming but they are expensive .

there are people on here who own Hegel amps and they are happy with them there are plenty of old threads on this site on Hegel just have to do a google search and they will pop-up as there no search bar on this site for old posts .

it really is a case of suck it and see ! you need to demo amps and speakers together and people on here can not really say what's the best because you may hate the sound of any amp people say that's good that's why demoing is very important to get things right . Spending over £1000 is a lot of money if you hate the sound and can not send the amp back you will be disappointed . So your ears are king here but if you get it right you will be blown away with the sound that the Dali speakers are capable off . That's why the speaker stands are important as well .

I can only go by my experience of what I have had or tried before what works and what does not work I've had 3 amps before I got my sound right because I felt my speakers were well worth it .

Plamd said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Thanks, Blacksabbath25, for your advices.

You are right about the stands. Now i use my old floorstanders Jamo Prestige 190 as "stands" (temporarily). I wanted to upgrade my system and save space with Rubikons, but I can reconsider my plans.

I agree that Hegel seems the most complying to my needs. I have Arcam IRDAC, but i can sell it if i buy Hegel with onboard DAC. May be H80 also will do the job, because H160 exceeds my budget.

Next days I will audition Parasound Halo Integrated amplifier . It has very good reviews, stating for good bass control and neutrality. Also it's in last Stereophile 2016 recommended list in class A section. I can buy it for 1800. What do you think?

There is posibility to take some of the amplifiers for home auditioning, if i pay full price in cash. I'll use this posibility. For other brands, I will need to take my Rubicons with me and go to the store for auditioning.

Thanks again for your help!

If you dont mind me asking 1800 what for the Parasound Halo? US dollars or Pounds Sterling?? Is that the integrated amp?? If so please tell me where from as I am looking for one and cannot find it for anywhere near 1800 anything.

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
If you dont mind me asking 1800 what for the Parasound Halo? US dollars or Pounds Sterling?? Is that the integrated amp?? If so please tell me where from as I am looking for one and cannot find it for anywhere near 1800 anything.

£1800, it's Parasound Halo integrated amplifier ,

http://www.parasound.com/hint.php

This price offer is from local distributor in Bulgaria.

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Plamd

Please try and contact AV Store in Romania. They carry Hegel and Dali. They can might be able to help you with auditioning Hegel amplification.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hi musicraft,

i did it yesterday. AV Store also confirmed good Rubicon 2 and Hegel matching , from their experience. They have H80 on stock and also offer free delivery to Bulgaria.

Plamd said:
Al ears said:

I wonder how much they would charge to ship to the UK...... where it is £600 more expensive? :)

Plamd

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
Plamd said:
Al ears said:

I wonder how much they would charge to ship to the UK...... where it is £600 more expensive? :)

i don't know. Usually we have the opposite case - many people here order goods from UK stores. There is many shipping offers from UK to Bulgaria with good pricing. May be the trucks are empty traveling to UK and can plck your Parasound :)

Plamd said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Plamd

Please try and contact AV Store in Romania. They carry Hegel and Dali. They can might be able to help you with auditioning Hegel amplification.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hi musicraft,

i did it yesterday. AV Store also confirmed good Rubicon 2 and Hegel matching , from their experience. They have H80 on stock and also offer free delivery to Bulgaria.

Hi Plamd

Nice one.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts