ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Provided you listen at normal volumes I had great success with Rega Elex-r and a Naim Nait 5si. A Roksan Kandy K2 would give a touch more power and should work well too.

They may sound their best with 150+ wpc, as I'm sure you'll be told, but they sound excellent with the above amps too.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
In terms of integrating Apple Music your best approach would be a separate dac or an airport express. For an amp with a built in dac the Hegel H80 is meant to work well but is over budget. A Nad D7050 could also be an option.

Gabriel Lessem said:
Hi

I'm looking for an amplifier to match my ATC SCM11s.

Any suggestions or solutions?
yes....more money . you'll need something a bit more special to make those atc's truly shine.hegel,naim,arcam(upper end)...oh and abrahamsen has a fine amp v2up at around the £1000 mark.as stated your probably better getting a external dac or streamer for those duties.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the speakers or are you thinking of buying them.great Speaker's but will need careful pairing as they are transparent and are power hungry.you will have to demo to get the best for your budget.I would suggest the Cyrus one but try to send all your budget for the best possible amp

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I drive atc scm 11s with a hegel h360 and it sounds very good.

I would not recommend cyrus as when I auditioned atc at frank harvey on cyrus hi-end dual mono power amps the atcs had a ragged edge and soon became tiresome.

Dont get me wrong on first 5 min, very impressive but it soon got to brightly lit or hf buzz.

It may have been the room but my previous experience it that room is not like that.

Atc scm11 need watts to drive them but they are not demanding on an amplifiers huge power supply as they only dip as low as 5 ohm max

insider9

Gabriel Lessem said:
Hi 

I'm looking for an amplifier to match my ATC SCM11s. I usually listen to music through Apple Music so it must be compatible. I'd say  my budget is around £500 - £1000. 

Some very good suggestions above. At that budget I'd also add Primare I22 to your shortlist.

On another note. With that level of equipment you're bound to hear the difference between Apple Music streaming and lossless. Whether FLAC or Tidal/Qobuz. I understand Apple Music is the service you're currently using but I'd at least make sure whatever you choose can also do other lossless services.

Like other pointed out to do justice to these speakers if buying new I'd go for an amp circa £1,000 -£1,500. Then add a streamer on top.

I appreciate it may be difficult as it would blow your budget. Are you prepared to go second hand? It would make it easier on the pocket but much more awkward to demo.

Gabriel Lessem said:
Hi

I'm looking for an amplifier to match my ATC SCM11s. I usually listen to music through Apple Music so it must be compatible. I'd say my budget is around £500 - £1000.

Hi Gabriel

Are your SCM11 passive monitors MK1 or MK2 please?

Did you audition the SCM11 monitors please? If so what electronics did you hear them with?

What electronics are you currently using with the SCM11's?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Gabriel Lessem said:
hi guys 

Thanks for wonderful feedback. I actually auditioned the speakers today with a Musical Fidelity M3si. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the performance. Any thoughts on this pairing? 

Next step a home demo to see if it works in your room.

rainsoothe

Al ears said:
Gabriel Lessem said:
hi guys 

Thanks for wonderful feedback. I actually auditioned the speakers today with a Musical Fidelity M3si. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the performance. Any thoughts on this pairing? 

None, if it sounds good to you nobody is going to prove you wrong.

+1 - if it sounded good to you, try to audition at home.

The above mentioned amps are also worth strong consideration, and I'll add Rogue Audio Sphinx to the mix.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Gabriel Lessem said:
Hi

I'm looking for an amplifier to match my ATC SCM11s.

yes....more money . you'll need something a bit more special to make those atc's truly shine.hegel,naim,arcam(upper end)...oh and abrahamsen has a fine amp v2up at around the £1000 mark.as stated your probably better getting a external dac or streamer for those duties.

I agree the Abrahamsen is quite special and also a bargain. *smile*

http://www.iqspeakers.co.uk/abrahamsen-v20up-intergrated-amplifier?gclid=CJfq-7nu9MgCFSoEwwodtMEDOQ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts