Question Amplifier for 2.1 system

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
Hello all,

I would be buying completely new 2.1 set for listening music in a 20 square meter room.
The speakers would be Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-6000F II and the subwoofer either Klipsch SPL-120SW or SVS SB-1000 Pro.

Can someone recommend a suitable amplifier for either of those combos? What cable size and connectors should be used?
Would Yamaha A-S701 be sufficient?
Any additional advice is welcome.

Hello all,

I would be buying completely new 2.1 set for listening music in a 20 square meter room.
The speakers would be Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-6000F II and the subwoofer either Klipsch SPL-120SW or SVS SB-1000 Pro.

Can someone recommend a suitable amplifier for either of those combos? What cable size and connectors should be used?
Would Yamaha A-S701 be sufficient?
Any additional advice is welcome.
why the need for a subwoofer in a room that size?
Just buy better main speakers and stick to a 2.0 system would be my advice.
Gives you loads more scope as to getting a decent amplifier.
Proper 2.1 amplifiers are thin on the ground although the Yamaha has a subwoofer out so should be sufficient if you really want to go down that route.
Can you actually audition this kit??

manicm

Congratulations on your fine speakers. Even Klipsch floorstanders typically benefit from a sub. Will they be situated across the short or long wall in the room?

I'd somewhat agree, that rather forego the sub, and spend a bit more on the amp. The Klipsch, though efficient, like a tight grip on the bass. I'd say ask a local dealer for advice on some amps.

However, for your room, I'd actually go for the RP 600 Mk2 and the subwoofer instead. And maybe consider something like the new Audiolab 7000A amp.

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
why the need for a subwoofer in a room that size?
Just buy better main speakers and stick to a 2.0 system would be my advice.
Gives you loads more scope as to getting a decent amplifier.
Proper 2.1 amplifiers are thin on the ground although the Yamaha has a subwoofer out so should be sufficient if you really want to go down that route.
Can you actually audition this kit??

The need for subwoofer is much more a want :p if giving it up means more sensible options for the amplifier I'll gladly take that option. Especially since I can't audition this kit.

Congratulations on your fine speakers. Even Klipsch floorstanders typically benefit from a sub. Will they be situated across the short or long wall in the room?

I'd somewhat agree, that rather forego the sub, and spend a bit more on the amp. The Klipsch, though efficient, like a tight grip on the bass. I'd say ask a local dealer for advice on some amps.

However, for your room, I'd actually go for the RP 600 Mk2 and the subwoofer instead. And maybe consider something like the new Audiolab 7000A amp.

The speakers would be facing the short wall in the room. Since there's plenty of floor space in the room and I much prefer the aesthetics of floor standing speakers over bookshelf speakers on stands. Again if this isn't sensible choice I'll gladly listen other options. What other brands would you recommend for bookshelf speakers?

Thank you both for the answers about the amplifier.

daytona600

Klipsch RP-6000 + Onkyo TX-NR5100 + Optimise Mode
in the future add extra speakers 2.1 now 5.2.2- Dolby Atmos
Sonos ,, Chromecast , AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi , Spotify, Amazon Music HD, Alexa, Pandora, TIDAL, Deezer

Onkyo TX-NR7100 + Dirac will give full DSP / Room correction

Home and Professional Audio for Business - Dirac

Klipsch Optimise Mode allows you to easily integrate your Klipsch Reference and Reference Premiere speakers seamlessly with your Onkyo AV receiver.
Klipsch and Onkyo teamed up to implement the precise crossover values for specific new Reference Premiere speakers. Now, you can simply select the model speakers you’ll be using for each individual channel, and the optimised crossover setting will be automatically applied.

AccuEQ streamlines the initial setup of your home theater system and ensures your receiver and speakers are properly calibrated for the best performance in your listening space. AccuEQ calculates speaker distance from the listening position, adjusts speaker sound pressure level, and sets the speaker crossover. The latter selects the correct point to roll off low-frequency sound to the subwoofer. The result is clear and balanced full-spectrum surround sound.

6000F _AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS