Amp to match Tannoy Precision 6.2

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I've just started upgrading my aging system and have got the chance to audition some Tannoy Precision 6.2s for a couple of weeks at home. So, I'm looking for ideas for amps that I ought to audition along with them. I'm guessing that I should be looking in the £600-£900 bracket to do the speakers justice.

The amp will be used mainly for music and only occasionally movies (so I'm only really bothered about how it will sound with my CD collection). It'll get used by the whole family for everything from pop to jazz and blues and a bit of classical, but to give you an idea of the sort of music it will be used most for, think Damien Rice, Pink Floyd, blues like Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King. I'd be aiming for a fairly neutral sound with good detail around acoustic instruments. The room is about 21ft by 12, with a wooden floor and curtains at either end.

Cheers

John

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Ive listened to those speakers connected to a roksan kandy k2 and in my opinion sounded very good.

The roksan has a lot of power for your budget. They are going cheap now that the new k3 is out.
I saw the k2 bt version with even more power on ebay for £545 buy it now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts