amp for monitor audio gs10

Hi

Really depends what sonic traits you're looking for from an amp, and what source you have?

I would look at listening to Arcam, a natural allie to MA. Outside of that, Roksan Kandy K2, Creek Evo 2 and Exposure 2010S. All these amps are distinct, therefore will certainly need a demonstration.

Good luck, pp

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Lovely speakers
emotion-1.gif

I deffo agree with looking at Arcam (possibly an Arcam FMJ A28 if you can find one at the right price) if not then a 2nd hand Arcam FMJ A32 or even the likes of the Arcam DiVa A85 or the Arcam Alpha 10 and their matching power amps as well.

Creek could deffo be an option as well but IMO the Roksan Kandy K2 isnt a good fit. Lots of power but sounded fairly clinical and bright to me when I heard it with the GS10's.

I think the Rotel RA1520 would be worth demoing as well

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
If you can wait until June or July the new Musical Fidelity M3 may be the amp for you. Musical Fidleity are considered by many to be a very good match for Monitor Audio speakers. My Monitor Audio GS10s are partnered with a Musical Fidelity A3.5 amp - I am extremely pleased with the music I get from them - the M3 should be even better and hopefully just within your budget

A

Anonymous

I used MA GS10 and GS 60 with Exposure 3010 integrated and power for more than a year and eventually sold the Exposures. The combination was too bright and harsh for my taste in my room. I achieved much better results with Marantz PM11 and Musical Fidelity A5 amplifiers. The source was always Marantz SA11 CD and cables were the warmest possible. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS