amp for boston soundwares,xbox360,pc,bluray,sony bravia set up?

victimg

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
hi im sorta new to the homecinema market im just looking for pointers and forseeable problems with my set up,

i got the boston soundware speakers and im looking to upgrade my old marantz amp to one that has hdmi outputs.

it has to connect with my sony bravia kdl 40v4000, xbox 360 and panasonic bluray. i also run my pc to tv with hdmi.

my plans are for an amp with at least 4 hdmi ins and will work well with my speakers but give me all the features i will need for my xbox, pc, bluray and hdtv.

i would also like to take my old tannoy center and put it in the kitchen/back garden for raido/mp3 at partys ect, running off a diffrent channel. this bit is not crucial but it would be nice eh? i would maybe pay extra but not too much.

ok heres what i had in mind and was recommended,

Sony STR-DH800 - £230

Sony STR-DG820 -£300

MARANTZ NR1501 - £290

ONKYO TXSR607 -£300

Denon AVR-1910 -£350

im finding it all realy confusing to be honest as i dont understand half of the terms used i sorta understand what i need from it tho.

im not looking for somthing that will dwarf my little speakers but will complement them nicely while having all the features i need for hd gaming and viewing,

any and all help will be listened to and appreciated, thanks in advance good people :)

oh p.s my friend said something about hdmi passthrough, i would have to keep the amp on at all times for these devises to work? is there a way around this?

A

Anonymous

from the list , id say the marantz offers the best value for money , it was originally £450 , great reviews , and its a nice looking thing , very slim for an av receiver ...

id check out this too , ive got one and im very happy with it ...

victimg

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
ok cool man, thanks for that. a little more expensive than the others but i realy nice looking amp.

anyone else out there with the same sorta setup?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts