Amp And Speakers On A Shoestring Budget?

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Afternoon all. I'm currently looking for a second hand set of speakers and an amplifier to power my DJ setup. I have a very tight budget of £150 for both. I know I'm gonna struggle to find anything great at this price but what is the best I'm gonna get, second hand of course?

Bearing in mind I play techno so something with quite a bit of bottom end oomph and I'd like a little volume. Also the room is no larger than 2m x 2m.

Thanks in advance.

A

Anderson

Gavvo said:
Afternoon all. I'm currently looking for a second hand set of speakers and an amplifier to power my DJ setup. I have a very tight budget of £150 for both. I know I'm gonna struggle to find anything great at this price but what is the best I'm gonna get, second hand of course?

Bearing in mind I play techno so something with quite a bit of bottom end oomph and I'd like a little volume. Also the room is no larger than 2m x 2m.

Thanks in advance.

Are you DJing in a cupboard?

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You must have a big house if you have a cupbord that's 4m squared.
By 2 I meant 3. Do you have any advice on the matter?

rainsoothe

Gavvo said:

Thanks in advance.

You should look at active monitors - if you already own a mixer or an audio interface of some sorts, all you need is a pair of active speakers - look at Presonus Eris 4.5 or M-Audio BX5 D2 - you can find them on thomann.de . If you don't already own an audio interface (as in something to connect them to your laptop/PC) and all you need is USB functionality, the cheapest way to go about it is Behringer UCA202 (also on thomann) - it's cheap and good, but cannot be used as volume control for the monitors, only for headphones - speakers will have to be controlled from your software.

If you wanna buy used, keep your eyes open for Yamaha HS60.

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Gavvo said:

Thanks in advance.

You should look at active monitors - if you already own a mixer or an audio interface of some sorts, all you need is a pair of active speakers - look at Presonus Eris 4.5 or M-Audio BX5 D2 - you can find them on thomann.de . If you don't already own an audio interface (as in something to connect them to your laptop/PC) and all you need is USB functionality, the cheapest way to go about it is Behringer UCA202 (also on thomann) - it's cheap and good, but cannot be used as volume control for the monitors, only for headphones - speakers will have to be controlled from your software.

If you wanna buy used, keep your eyes open for Yamaha HS60.

I'm using a DJ controller to mix with RCA out only. I did have a set of Yamaha HS7's with an Apogee Duet interface but for listening pleasure they were far to critical and I could never enjoy their sound so I only ever used them to produce with.
I've also owned a pair of Q Acoustics 2020i which I paired up with a CA Azur 640A V1 but I was unimpressed with that combo and sold them to buy a motorbike.

Now that I'm on a very tight budget I'm just looking to see if anyone has any ideas for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts