Amazon Prime Music

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
What I am about to say is going to stick in my craw but ...

... thank you Amazon.

Some time ago I was informed that my Prime membership qualified me for something called Amazon Prime Music.

Big deal. Another scam I assumed.

I accidently 'tripped' over it today - when looking at my Prime account details - and thought i'd have a go.

Wow! Free 'Cloud' versions of loads of albums I have bought from Amazon (on CD AND vinyl) going back to some I bought back in 2003 and beyond!

I don't know exactly how many - or how complete a - collection it is (none of the BBC ones I noticed) but it's an awfully long 'fast scroll' to get to the bottom of the list :)

They don't sound half bad either!

Got Black Uhuru's "Dub Factor" on right now and it's sounding gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
What I am about to say is going to stick in my craw but ...

... thank you Amazon.

Some time ago I was informed that my Prime membership qualified me for something called Amazon Prime Music.

Big deal. Another scam I assumed.

I accidently 'tripped' over it today - when looking at my Prime account details - and thought i'd have a go.

Wow! Free 'Cloud' versions of loads of albums I have bought from Amazon (on CD AND vinyl) going back to some I bought back in 2003 and beyond!

I don't know exactly how many - or how complete a - collection it is (none of the BBC ones I noticed) but it's an awfully long 'fast scroll' to get to the bottom of the list :)

They don't sound half bad either!

Got Black Uhuru's "Dub Factor" on right now and it's sounding gorgeous.
Sounds like I may have to give it go.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am getting the 256K bitrate it seems. (I have a 50Mbps cable connection so it's defaulted to the top rate.)

And it's not just albums I have already bought. (That's just my library.) There is also a whole 'Spotify' / 'Apple Music' kind of thing going on here.

daveh75

chebby said:
And it's not just albums I have already bought. (That's just my library.) There is also a whole 'Spotify' / 'Apple Music' kind of thing going on here.

Yes but not anywhere as extensive as other services. Their library is only 1 million tracks.

OK for a 'freebie' though.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I think they have a database of about one million tracks. Some way behind Spotify etc, but not bad for a freebie if you already subscribe.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
richardw42 said:
I think they have a database of about one million tracks. Some way behind Spotify etc, but not bad for a freebie if you already subscribe.

I wish someone had told me ... oh yeah, they did!

Mooching along to some Hotel Costes. ('Cubafro con amigas' by The Ballistic Brothers.) Rather nice semi-background latino beats with vibraphones 'n stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts