Amazon Marketplace rocks

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I used to use Marketplace all the time for buying second hand cds. But this week i've discovered it's unbeatable for new vinyl.

I bought Maxwell's 'Blacksummers night' for around a tenner, when most places are wanting £25.

Today, i've been hunting around (unsuccessfully) for Faith No More vinyl. while searching about, I found out that Mike Patten's off-shoot band, and one of my all time fave's, Mr Bungle has had it's album re-issued.

So, I looked around and found that 'Mr Bungle', the 1st and best album goes for £25+Postage and 'Disco Volante' goes for over £30!

I just got both, new and delivered, for £14 each! Depending on the postage, that's around a £30 saving!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I also just bought a used, in great condition, Don Mclean - 'American Pie' for £2.69, delivered, too.
smiley-smile.gif

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
bretty said:
I used to use Marketplace all the time for buying second hand cds. But this week i've discovered it's unbeatable for new vinyl

Totally agree with this. One of the first places I look these days.

bretty said:
Today, i've been hunting around (unsuccessfully) for Faith No More vinyl. while searching about, I found out that Mike Patten's off-shoot band, and one of my all time fave's, Mr Bungle has had it's album re-issued.

So, I looked around and found that 'Mr Bungle', the 1st and best album goes for £25+Postage and 'Disco Volante' goes for over £30!

Are they the Plain Recordings reissues..? I believe that they have a reputation for being pretty poor.

Link1 Link2

Anyway, I haven't heard any myself so I hope they're OK.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Amyl Right Mate said:
bretty said:
I used to use Marketplace all the time for buying second hand cds. But this week i've discovered it's unbeatable for new vinyl

Totally agree with this. One of the first places I look these days.

bretty said:

Are they the Plain Recordings reissues..? I believe that they have a reputation for being pretty poor.

Link1 Link2

Anyway, I haven't heard any myself so I hope they're OK.

Yeah, they are. I'd read a few things about Plain, some good, some bad but found nothing about the Mr Bungles, specificly. The good thing is, if the are poo, I can shift 'em on e-bay and make a profit on 'em. Hopefully they'll be cool, though.

EDIT: Actually, I just found two vinyl forum threads saying that the Mr Bungle re-issues are terrible. However both posts on different forums are from the same guy. Maybe he got a bad copy or maybe they are terrible. Have to wait and see. They should be here mid-week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts