Am I kidding myself? a.k.a. realistic portable CD player options

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

deb42

Apr 5, 2021
Visit site
We aim to please..... :)
Surely you owe me that beer.....
I know that's the saying, but I have to confess; I hate beer. Don't care for wine, either. I agree with Sheldon Cooper; to me, it's "grape juice that burns" :LOL: But give me a cocktail with an umbrella in it, and I'm good to go.

Reactions: Al ears

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your awesome reply :) I love your point about LPs as well. In truth, I read a bunch of posts before posting myself, and I was expecting (hoping - ?) to get replies other than "why don't you just rip them?" (Especially after making it clear that I have no interest in doing that at this time.) I was hoping that some others out there who appreciate the nuances of stellar audio like I do might have some suggestions. Even if it's to simply tell me that it's just not possible in my budget to get less-than-stellar audio, lol. So I really appreciate your reply.

The thing that could kill it is the Bluetooth requirement.
Too often they are receivers. They seem to think everybody only wants Bluetooth to send music to some speakers.

Reactions: deb42

James83

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
@deb42
It's unfortunate that sometimes things are misunderstood in topics. I don't think anyone tried to make fun of you. People tend to recommend what works for them.

@Al ears
This one's even cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08P5HK...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

@James83
If you buy an LP you almost always get a voucher to download digital files. The record companies obviously understand that people like to take their music with them.

Well I've never knocked anyone that does as such. Afterall, I've done similar. I have a fair bit of music on my phone, admittedly it is mostly live recordings that came on USB.

iMark

I still have a very decent Sony machine (radio, CD, cassette) that I bought in 2000. It still works and it still sounds OK. We also have Sony discman somewhere that sounded fine with decent earphones.

iMark

Sony still make some old fashioned boom boxes. But I'm pretty sure you find very decent micro or mini sets in the second hand market.
We have a Sony CMT-CPX1 in our bedroom. It was bought about over 20 years ago. It has become the hub of the system in the bedroom. I bought a swichbox so I can connect 3 components to the sound system. One of the components is an Airport Express so we can now stream to the old system.

It actually has a pretty good CD player on board. Speakers not bad either. It has worked flawlessly since my partner bought it. A similar system would work wel in an office.

Something very similar but a bit more modern from Sony: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/hi-fi-systems/cmt-sbt20-cmt-sbt20b

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
You may want to look at the Sony DEJ017CKI portable CD player or look for a second hand 90's high end Sony portable CD player online. If you like a boombox then look for a good second hand one from the 80's or early 90''s. You may have to pay a bit for a good one but I'm sure it's worth it. Do not buy a boombox made in the 2000's as they all sound awful.

You may want to look at the Sony DEJ017CKI portable CD player or look for a second hand 90's high end Sony portable CD player online. If you like a boombox then look for a good second hand one from the 80's or early 90''s. You may have to pay a bit for a good one but I'm sure it's worth it. Do not buy a boombox made in the 2000's as they all sound awful.
I guess you to missed the preferably compatible with Bluetooth headphones bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts