Am I being dense?.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a Sony bdp s360 Bluray player. When I connect it to my my av receiver through HDMI it plays fine but shows as a linear pcm 48 on the screen not dolby digital but the blue decoder light comes on.

The receiver is a Sony 2400es, I remember it being a bit of a pig to set up when I first got it, but I have checked the channel settings and I think they are ok. To be honest though they are so cryptic and it it is a long time since I set it up I have my xbox connected through HDMI as well though and this shows dolby digital with the blue decoder light.

It does not matter which of the 4 HDMI slots I use it always says LPCM. I have checked the Bluray menu and think everything is set correctly.

As the title says am I being dense and missing something really stupid. Many thanks in advance.

Mike.

A

Anonymous

If your 360 is doing the work of decoding, then it will read pcm. If your amp is doing the work of decoding, it will show tru-hd, mstr-hd etc.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Assuming the player is set to output bitstream (ie Auto not LPCM, player manual p44), and you have selected the correct soundtrack on the disc, could be that the receiver is set to TV+AMP HDMI audio output, not just AMP (receiver manual p57). If you select TV+AMP, the audio capabilities of the TV may override the settings of the receiver and player, passing back information to those components that it can only handle stereo audio.

A

Anonymous

I was being dense I changed the output on the Blu ray audio to direct and away it went. Many thanks for the replies, I hate it when you know it is something simple but do not know what.

Mike.

TRENDING THREADS