Am I a prude?

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
So last week I went to the cinema to watch Oppenheimer. So we know the character played by Florence Pugh (Jean Tatlock) had an affair with Oppenheimer but did we really need that scene? Surely that part of his life could have been told without that scene. And that is all the film seemed to focus on with Jean, but there was so much more to her life than that. I felt it didn't add anything to the film.
Thoughts

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
You'd better close your eyes when Ken and Barbie get going.
I wouldn't expect too much:

"Regardless of Mattel’s intentions, it’s hard to deny what the eye can see. Despite the name, **** rings at the time were used as a fashion accessory and a sign of defiant queerness and sex positivity. As a result, gay men bought the doll in droves, and despite Mattel ultimately recalling the doll and wiping away any trace of Earring Magic Ken, it was near-impossible to see Ken as anything but the glorious homosexual he was born to be from then on. Mattel spent the next couple of decades trying to retain Ken’s more heteronormative, masculine image, but the veil was lifted, and there was no going back."

"While I have a feeling the new Barbie movie will put in the work to convince us that Ken is a hetero dude who loves nothing in life more than Barbie herself, the writing’s already on the wall: Ken is, and always will be, Barbie’s gay best friend."

There! In black and white :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts