ALL IN ONE HIFI first set up

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking to make my first purchase to set up my first system, not looking to spend an arm and a leg as I'm a young lad with a missus who wouldn't appreciate me spending too much as ' We have more important things to spend money on'.

Not that she will ever find out exactly how much was spent but you catch my drift!

Okay I'm looking for an all in one Hi-Fi system, I'm probably going to get the Q Acoustic 3020 bookshelf speakers to go with it, I have been looking at the Denon D-M40DAB which looks like a good piece of kit for what I want, it doesnt stream or bluetooth but i could use a Bluetooth reciever in the back to sort that out.

Any other suggestions?

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply matthew,

Yamaha looks great and around the same pricepoint as the Denon, helps that i will be placing it next to my router to connect the ethernet for streaming

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you don't need a CD player the Yamaha RX-N501 can be had for a little over £200. Does pretty much all you could want.

If you must have a CD player, the marantz MC-R models are a good bet, there are some deals to be had, in the UK anyway.

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Dave,

The Yamaha again sounds good, a cd player is not essential no but just looked for the rx-v501 and doesn't have streaming or usb phone connectivity which would really be ideal for me.

Regards,

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
How about a pair of Sonos Play 1s.

Its all controlled via the really good app, it'll play what's on your phone, from a NAS/PC or various streaming sites including radio

also, Sonos stuff retains its value really well.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
DannyB said:
Hi Dave,

The Yamaha again sounds good, a cd player is not essential no but just looked for the rx-v501 and doesn't have streaming or usb phone connectivity which would really be ideal for me.

Regards,

Wrong model, I'm talking about the R-N301, I must have mistyped on my forst post.

Network streaming, cloud services including Spotify Connect, internet and FM Radio, Airplay and the best part of 100wpc.

Widely available at £219 and some package deals if you look around.

If you have a bit more to spend, the older but better R-N500 is now under £300.

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Dave,

I Will probably be using the amp for for music ( obviously ) xbox, tv etc which i will mainly for those connect via optical to TV so all those should playback through the connected speakers anyway.

I have seen two amps second hand wondered which you think are best,

Pioneer VSX 421 K 5.1 3D

or

Yamaha AS501

Both have optical and decent channel outputs but the pioneer has HDMI whereas the Yamaha doesn't, not that big of a deal as I'm using an optical anyway to connect and can put a bluetooth reciever in the rear of both to stream that way.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
DannyB said:
Hi Dave,

I Will probably be using the amp for for music ( obviously ) xbox, tv etc which i will mainly for those connect via optical to TV so all those should playback through the connected speakers anyway.

I have seen two amps second hand wondered which you think are best,

Pioneer VSX 421 K 5.1 3D

or

Yamaha AS501

Both have optical and decent channel outputs but the pioneer has HDMI whereas the Yamaha doesn't, not that big of a deal as I'm using an optical anyway to connect and can put a bluetooth reciever in the rear of both to stream that way.

I don't usually get involved with A/V receivers, no interest on my part.

Yamaha amplifiers are generally pretty good but I have not heard or had hands on the one you mention.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The Marantz SR5009 is £320 at Peter Tyson.

No where else gets near that price.

I'm think it's got Spotify Connect, Bluetooth etc as well as being a great amp / receiver.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Denon Ceol N8 all in one, very good system with Dali Zensor 1 speakers, but if you want bluetooth as well then try the lastest Denon Ceol N9 at £299 with out speakers, or with out the built in cd player the Denon Ceol Piccolo N4 at £199 with out speakers *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts