Airport Express problems

MiddleMan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Wonder if anyone can help with AE connection problem.

I have had this working fine streming from my Vista PC and also directly from ipod touch to Airport Express. However, I keep losing the remote speakers icon in itunes and therefore can no longer stream. I have searched Apple support and find it is a recurring problem, but not one resounding solution. Anyone experienced this and managed to solve it?

Can't work out why it is there on occasions and has worked and then next time it has disaapeared from within itunes. At the same time it still appears in ipod to stream direct to AE, as well as from a XP machine. I am confused.

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes get this when using my iPhone. My best guess is that as I connect my phone to a variety of networks in a variety of locations it simply gets confused. I may be wrong but in any case powering down the phone and back up again appears to work. It doesn't take too long so not too much hassle but if anyone has a better solution well.............

MiddleMan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
...and now, since my last post the icon is back in itunes after opening andn closing it about 10 times.

So why did it go away?

What made it come back?

What stops it disappearing again?

Why is life so complicated and why don't I just go back to playing CD's!

iMark

Do you have the latest version of the firmware of the Airport Express and Airport Utility? If you have a recent model with 801.11n you should have version 7.5.2 of the firmware.

More information here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1106

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
To clarify my answer - I mean power down the unit, not just switch off the App, or put the phone to sleep. Reboot. Just works. I do have the latest versions so I still think it is to do with multiple connections - in my case.

MiddleMan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I have the latest firmware. Its not a problem with the phone (or ipod in my case) its the pc. One moment the icon for airport express is there in itunes, then next time you open it its gone, like it has this morning. I opened it and it was there, but only giving the option to feed to the computer, so closed itunes and restarted and icon gone completely!

Obviously, if the icon dissappears from itunes, it also disappears from the ipod. However, I can still stream music from the files on the ipod as the icon in the ipod library is there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts