Advice wanted on home cinema/projector and record deck

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can you help an absolute novice with advice about buying a new system We are redecorating the lounge and taking the opportunity to scrap all our redundant Technics hi-fi equipment, cassette, tuner, amp & deck ( all 80's) and a (slightly) newer CD player.

We have a nice 26'' Humax (good hard drive nice picture but no HDMI sockets) and a Samsung HD870 DVD player ( as recommended in your magazine).

My live-at-home son has a Play station 3 which is occasionally attached to the Humax.

Our lounge is about 14ft by 24 ft and i would ideally like to add to the existing items a surround sound system, and a new record deck that would enable me to play my old vinyl thru the sound system and at the same time download the music either to a hard drive or our Creative MP3 players.

I would then ideally like to add a projector which would need to sit at the side of the room (run off the DVD?) to focus on a roll-up screen fitted into the window in front of the blind.

Sapphire do a perfect fit screen 1710 x 962 with dimensions of 1872 x 78 x 78. (rolled up)

i would ideally like to upgrade to Sky HD then watch sport, films and use the playstation occasionally on the screen, using the TV the rest of the time.

i can afford to spend three or four thousand to get the whole lot ( is that enough ?) Is all this technically possible. Can you give me any advice ??

Thanks in advance for any help you can gie me.

John Duncan

All absolutely possible, and your budget will buy you some rather good kit. Firstly, do we need to include the cost of the screen and the sky HD box in your budget? Secondly, are you absolutely set on a projector? (I think they're stupid....
emotion-2.gif
)

A

Anonymous

No the pull down screen is under 100 and the sky box not much more

The only reason i fancy a projector is that the 26 tv is quite small and a few months ago was lucky enough to watch the rugby world cup semis and final on a whole wall size projectded screen in HD and it blew my mind

if i hang the screen inside the window it gets me up to approx 6ft by 4 ft

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Projectors are far from stupid if you want an immersive viewing experience - i'm currently watching the F1 qualifying before switching over to the tennis (in HD - hurrah!), and it's immensely more engaging than a small screen....

I've been off for a week, so let me get my brain in gear and i'll get back to you. Ooh, cars back on track: bye for now.

A

Anonymous

that will be great the other thing tats puts me off the projector is that the wife is reluctant tolet me hang a projector from the lving room ceiling

if i were to put it to the side of the room do they come with any compensators for the angle to the scren ??#

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You can get projectors that allow compensation for screen positioning, but it's also worth remembering you can place most modern projectors on a coffee table in front of you and/or on a shelf behind you. For example, my projector at home sits on the top shelf of a glass shelving unit behind the sofa.

A

Anonymous

Thats neat on a coffee table On a long enough lead that it can be stoed away when not in use ??

having got the wife involved we are heading towards the Audica Cs system 1 speaker speaker package

and probably the Onkyo tx sr605/ 6

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts