Advice Please Samsung UE75MU7000 or Sony KD75XE8596

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the process of upgrading my Home Cinema Experience by changing my TV from a 60" to a 75" screen. Budget is dictating the choice and I have it narrowed to these 2 models. I currently have a Samsung and so am being drawn todards the Samsung. I have a Sony AV Amp and DVD Player, and the advice from the local retailer is to go for the Sony. However the reviews here for the 55 in the Sony XE8596 isn't as good as the Samsung 65 MU700 which was the 2017 Award winner. Is there a difference in the 75"?? Thanks

The Samsung is capable of delivering better HDR than the Sony on paper. Bear in mind that DVD pictures may be unwatchable on a 75 inch 4K screen, and I would strongly advise you to upgrade to a UHD (4K) player or at least a blu ray player.

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that. I have a Blu Ray player and all disks are Blu Ray, I just still call it DVD!!

Guy in the shop was trying to say that the Sony was better because it was future proof being Android and would upgrade itself!! Personally I thought the Samsung was a better picture.

Turnbacktime

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I think the point about it being Android so updating itself is rubbish. My Samsung updates itself.

however I have just been informed that Samsung will not be introducing support for BBC iPlayer 4K for my KS7000 which is only 18 months old, so Samsung’s support for non current TV might be questionable.

abacus

I have seen the 2 side by side in a showroom and the Samsung looked the better, (Also SD is not as bad as you might think, in fact it’s quite watchable on all but the worst channels) however showroom mode and domestic room modes are completely different, so it doesn’t mean to say that it will be better in the home, so definitely try the home modes before choosing.

The Samsung smart platform is poorly supported by them in the long term, so best to forget about it and negotiate a Roku 4K streaming stick into the sale.

If possible try and stretch to the SONY BRAVIA KD75XE9005BU as this has better upscaling and direct LED lighting which can make a big difference at this size.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS