Advice on Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers

neilyounguk

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I’m hoping that someone can offer me some advice on a sound issue through some Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

I have my turntable hooked up to Marantz PM6005 through to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

Once I turn the volume up past halfway (which isn’t all that loud) the bass becomes extremely distorted.

Could there be an issue with the setup or would these speakers only be designed to cope with the volume at this level?

Apologies you probably need more info on how I have set the cables up, but I have done the standard way I think with reasonable quality speaker wire

Many thanks, Neil

gasolin

neilyounguk said:
Hi,

I’m hoping that someone can offer me some advice on a sound issue through some Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

I have my turntable hooked up to Marantz PM6005 through to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

Once I turn the volume up past halfway (which isn’t all that loud) the bass becomes extremely distorted.

Could there be an issue with the setup or would these speakers only be designed to cope with the volume at this level?

Apologies you probably need more info on how I have set the cables up, but I have done the standard way I think with reasonable quality speaker wire

Many thanks, Neil

Never had this problem i actually found the bass to be to discret,not enough omph,couldn't hardly hear it

Have you enhanced the bass?

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi. Where is the turntable relative to the speakers and what is it and the speakers supported by? It could be a feedback effect if they are too close together or on the same surface. Do you have the same problem with other sources (radio, mp3 player, whatever)? By the way, what is the turntable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts