Advice on speaker cabling for 1st Home cinema setup.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, have just purchased the following kit for my first home cinema which I'm incorparating into the build of our new extension, I'm basically after some advice on some speaker cable that isn't going to break the bank but will also give fairly good performance.

TV Pioneer PDP-LX5090

AMP Yamaha RX-V3900

Bluray Panasonic DMP-BD55

Speakers Monitor Audio R250's for the centre and front left and right and R90's for the four rears. Also REL R205 sub.

The room this is all going in a approx 7m X 5m with the sofa about 8-10 feet from the screen. Comments on speaker placement would be welcome too.

I have been looking at QED cables, is there any difference between their ORIGINAL cable and something like their QED QX16/2 LSOH 2 Core Speaker Cable.

Any advice is welcome as I'm very new to this and with the costs involved don't want to make any mistakes.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No experience with the cables you mention, but personally I would use QED Micro for the rears - it's cheap for those long runs and perfectly good for the surround affects, plus it's very thin making it easier to hide. For the fronts, this is really up to you, I use Silver Anniversary XT, but some people don't like it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply

So its ok to mix and match different cables within the same setup then although I guess you should stay with the same manufacturer.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I would stay with the same kind for the front three to ensure you get the same sound out of these speakers. In a completely ideal world, you'd want to do the same for the rears, but there's no way I was spending the fortune it would cost to get 26m of XT Anniversary for my rears! QED Micro works fine for them and I seriously doubt you could tell the difference just for rear effects.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts