Advice on Securing Dali Ikon 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to make my Dali Ikon 6 more child friendly, and am wanting to secure them so they can't be knocked over. Has anybody any suggestions that would work, or any things that I might consider that I should definately avoid. I'm guessing the best way would be to secure a bracket to the back of the speaker that could be fastened to the rear wall. I would consider screwing this to the speaker - is this OK? and if so, is there a 'best place' to do this on the rear? I know this wilL affect any re-sale value, which I'm not too concerned about, but don't want to permanently damage my speaker. Any advice greatly appeciated.

Thanks

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I have some in my living room, with an almost 2 yr old running around. I ditched the legs and put 4 big lumps of blu-tak in the corners. A stern "no" when she goes near too, and it seems to do the trick.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I've managed so far without issue. Have a 3 year old that doesn't touch them, but also an eight month old starting to crawl and for peace of mind would like so try to secure them. Things can get quite busy in the front room. My floor is carpeted, so currently use the spikes, which are quite secure but a heavy bump would topple them.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Surely an ideal excuse for bigger speakers? ;)

If you fitted granite chopping boards to the bottom of the speakers that would increase the footprint & therefore stability. Cheap & cheerful would be double-sided sticky pads. More expensive would be getting them drilled.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. The idea of making stable via the base is interesting. I'm still also considering securing by attaching something to the back of the speaker ( by screwing) - is this OK to do? I presume there are risks of a screw penetrating too far, or in an unwanted place?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you got a wooden floor?

As I said, I am happy with mine simply blutaked, but if you are really concerned, then get a couple of bookend shaped wedges for the sides and blutak those too. There's little chance of them toppling forward or backwards due to the shape. You could probably get some cut at B&Q for a few quid.

Blutak is incredibly strong fixed to wood :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts