Advice on possibly buying a network player

hoggie3245

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am thinking of getting network audio player, I have the marantz pm6005 amp, so the NA8005 is the target, but I spoke to a local dealer today, he says i dont need one if I get a DAC and connect it to my laptop and stream spotify and iradio through the amp that will do instead. I have a large collection of cds but no cd player after my child broke it, I dont have the time to rip cds so I will still use them, So is the dealer right and would I better geiitng the DAC and a good cd player.any advice please.

Thanks

johnnyboy1950

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If you have the marantz pm6005 you already have a DAC built into the amp. Connect an optical or coaxial lead from your laptop to the amp ( it has both inputs) and you are away. If you want wireless I'd recommend the nad dac 1 or Dac 2 (hi res). The transmitter connects to your usb output on your laptop and the receiver to your coaxial or phono input to your amp. £60 and £100 respectfully. If all your music is on your laptop i'd also recommend the music manager Musicbee. It's the one thing that persuaded me to put all my music on my pc. Personally I dont see the use of a "box" as a streamer. The PC is far user friendly at playing, making playlists, playing guess the intro! etc than any streamer with at best a small display on the front. it's about getting the sound fron your PC to your amp in the best sounding way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts