Advice on Ethernet Power line Plugs

dukeden

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've recently got fibre broadband at home, unfortunately the new router has had to go in a different room to my Sky plus Box and Yamaha RXA-2020 Receiver. Someone suggested I could use a ethernet power line plug. Does anyone make one that will take the ethernet cables from both my sky box and receiver [ 2 ethernet ports]? What speed should I go for? What makes/models are worth looking at?

Regards Matt

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a 500 megabit buffalo unit which has two ethernet ports and also acts as a wireless network. I also have tplink in other parts of the house.Both makes are fine. You might as well get as fast as you can, you may want to add more round the house.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a 500 megabit buffalo unit which has two ethernet ports and also acts as a wireless network. I also have tplink in other parts of the house.Both makes are fine. You might as well get as fast as you can, you may want to add more round the house.

dukeden

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, and advice. Having had time to look around I've found the following

Devolo dLAN 500 duo Starter kit, these are sold by my local Curry's and Maplin's stores, they appear to do the job. Anyone had experience of them?

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Devolo 500 triple and works a treat. Streams Netflix via UD7007 at highest super HD quality - bandwidth dependant - and catch up on the Skybox. 3rd. feeds the SA7007 for internet radio. Have added another single plug for SBT in second system and no drop outs plus almost instant buffering, unlike wifi. Highly recommened. Not the cheapest, but a quality product.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts