Advice on Dali Zensor 1 speaker placement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm currently awaiting arrival of my first decent hifi setup as follows:

DENON CEOL RCD-N7
Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers.

I need advice on hanging the speakers on a wall, which comprises plasterboard & wooden studs.
Even though the Zensors are rear ported, they also have an integrated wall bracket and it's one of the placement suggestions on the Dali site.

So I'm assuming it will be easy to hang them i.e. just a matter of popping the speakers on a screw, and possibly place some bluetak on the back to help them sit still?

Or will this create a resonance or vibration in the plasterboard wall? How will it effect the bass response e.g. booming?

The reason for hanging the speakers is due to space constraints (bedroom is 3x3m). The other option would be to sit them on an oak dresser approx 150cm apart.

Source of music will be CD and 320KB MP3 from NAS.
Musical styles range from Indie, Rock&Roll, Soul, Jazz, Electronic & old-skool Hip-Hop.

Any advice it's much appreciated, especially if you have experience with the Zensor's...

Thanks & regards,
Joe

A

Anonymous

paradiziac said:
Have experience with Dali Lektor 1's and they sounded best on the wall mounted as you described. :)

Thanks for the reply paradiziac, that sets my mind somewhat at ease :)

I guess I won't know for sure until I set them up in both configs and take time to appreciate.

The advantage of hanging them on the wall will mean I have just enough room to hook up a turntable to the Ceol :clap:

TRENDING THREADS