Advice needed on Pioneer system setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a Pioneer VSX-LX51 amp/reciever with the KEF KHT3005SE speaker set, as well as the Kuro KRL37V tv and the BDP-51FD Bluray player. The questions that I have are these:

1. As far as I can workout I should be able to get Dolby TrueHD & Dts-HD Master through HDMI using this setup - is this correct (i.e. am I ok putting together the LX51 and the 51FD or are there any problems)?

2. Would there be any benefit in upgrading to the VSX-71 or VSX-81 amp/receivers or is that not worthwhile given I'm going for the KEF speakers?

3. Would there be any benefit in upgrading to the BDP-LX71 bluray player or is the 51FD sufficient?

4. How well does the Kuro link system work?

Thanks,

Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi
Except for the telly I have the same set up and am very happy with it.

1. You can get all the HD audio formats, no problems as far as I know.

2. I didn't audition the other amps as they were out of my budget. I think you'll need to audition them yourself. I would imagine a small improvement with the 71 but the 81 would be overkill for the KEFs.

3. If I remember right they are very similar except for the gold plated connections and the DA converters are of a higher quality. As you'll connect it up by HDMI you won't be using the analogue connections so I wouldn't waste your money.

4. Dunno. I use a Logitech Harmony remote instead.

The only gripe I have with the 51FD is that it's rather slow loading a BluRay disc, and if you want a profile 2 player this isn't for you. However the picture and sound is superb.

The LX51 is fab. The only gripe is that I had to buy another amp for zone 2 as I used the surround back channel for 7.1. If your room is quite small I wouldn't bother with 7.1. The iPod connection is cool although the menu system is a bit basic (low res) but it works fine with a Nano and a Touch, and sounds good if you use high bit rates.

You won't be disappointed.

Have fun

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Yes players are slow to load, but save your money and stick with the FD-51 Blu-ray player it is basically the 71 but has not got touch sensor buttons nor gold plated phono inputs, other than that PQ and sound are the same, so the money you save buy some Blu-rays just for your info Richer sounds are selling the 51 for £299.95

TRENDING THREADS