Advice needed for (decent) home headphones

Kal 1

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Since having a couple of kids, 3 and 1, I no longer get to enjoy my home set-up and I'm looking for a very good pair of headphones to enable me to enjoy some late night music. I've got an Onkyo TXNR808 amp (which would power the headphones), B&W683s front, 602S3s surround a B&W centre that I can't remember the model of and a PV1 - to give an idea of the type of sound I enjoy.

I want a pair of headphones that will create a really wide sound field, not too bright with deep punchy warm bass. For context i have a pair of Bose QC15s I use for travel and they are woefully inadequate. I don't know if I want something that doesn't exist, I'd be really grateful for some advice,

thanks

Kal

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Kal 1 said:
Since having a couple of kids, 3 and 1, I no longer get to enjoy my home set-up and I'm looking for a very good pair of headphones to enable me to enjoy some late night music. I've got an Onkyo TXNR808 amp (which would power the headphones), B&W683s front, 602S3s surround a B&W centre that I can't remember the model of and a PV1 - to give an idea of the type of sound I enjoy.

I want a pair of headphones that will create a really wide sound field, not too bright with deep punchy warm bass. For context i have a pair of Bose QC15s I use for travel and they are woefully inadequate. I don't know if I want something that doesn't exist, I'd be really grateful for some advice,

thanks

Kal

From your description, the Senn Momentum v2 may not be punchy enough, and the v-moda M100 might be too punchy. That's bracketing the ideal sound perhaps - best I can do.

TRENDING THREADS