advice - mini system for kitchen of new house

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
hi all,
plan on moving to a new placed and the wife would like her own hifi for the kitchen, she likes the look/sound of the denon DM37DAB, but not 100% sure, also what speakers are best, they may well need to close to a wall.

as you can see the budget is about 350 all in but suggestions for a bit more welcome (looks of the arcam solo mini discount it before you all pipe up!)....

any left field suggestions for separates and i can see if i can persuade her.....

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
For the Denon - what about Dali Lektor 1?ÿ

I believe these can be wall mounted, so take very little space. And sounds great

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
Hi Tim,

What are the key aspects it needs - CD player, FM / DAB radio / iPod connectivity? Or all of the above?

Indeed. The Brennan JB7 looks intrigueing if it meets your requirements.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
Hi Tim,

What are the key aspects it needs - CD player, FM / DAB radio / iPod connectivity? Or all of the above?

CD player, DAB are a must ipod connection a bonus... if that helps!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The DM37 is certainly a lovely little unit IMO, and the speaker range that suits it is pretty wide. MA BR1, MS 902i, Tannoy F1s, Wharfedale 9.0 and 9.1 (some very good deals on the 9.0s at the mo) etc. etc. It may just come down to what is likely to look best in a kitchen. I would figure that a speaker in 'brown' wood might not look as good as something in black. Probably give a better contrast with the white stuff that kitchens are normally full of. But, if you got brown cupboard doors then brown speakers probably best. You ,or she, may have to have a look around.

Having them close to a wall not that ideal so I would go for a front ported speaker. So that takes the BR1s off the list.

If you want to wait a bit there's a new micro coming out from Onkyo. The CS435. No details on it yet, just a rather poor picture of it in the Blogs section ref. new range from Onkyo. Could be a good one.

A

Anonymous

My Dad just bought the denon with Warfdale 9.1's and it sounds really good. Speakers are sat only about 5cm from the back wall, but theres been no overpowering boom or anything.

I wish i could shoehorn the same system into my bedroom, but there's just no room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts