Advice from WHFI reviewers, please.

Three months ago I tested the Leema Pulse with MA's RS6 speakers and Arcam CD192 and it blew me away. I'm also looking at replacing my MA's with good standmouted monitors. I would appeciate any suggestions on CDP's and speakers to match with the Leema.

I prefer musicality over outright detail and precision, and given the Leemas slightly lean character, I would assume a real gutsy CDP will be required?

For speakers my starting point is PMC DB1is and prepared to go to Neat Momentum 3i, or something similar; the CDP thought about Naim or Moon entry-level player. Other than that I've drawn a blank......

Thanks in advance.

PP

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Try a Naim CD5i or Roksan Kandy K2 CD players. Both have the kind of sonic balance you are looking for.As for speakers, a lot depends on the kind of room you have and where you are going to position them. You seem to be going for smallish standmounters. In that case the PMCs will work well, as would Neat's Motive 3s. Don't forget to budget for good quality stands such as Partington Superdreadnoughts or Atacama's Aurora 6s.

Ketan Bharadia:Try a Naim CD5i or Roksan Kandy K2 CD players. Both have the kind of sonic balance you are looking for.
As for speakers, a lot depends on the kind of room you have and where you are going to position them. You seem to be going for smallish standmounters. In that case the PMCs will work well, as would Neat's Motive 3s. Don't forget to budget for good quality stands such as Partington Superdreadnoughts or Atacama's Aurora 6s.

Thanks for the promp response. Our living room is fairly compact and the speakers will be sited about a foot from the wall.

TRENDING THREADS