Advice buying my first headphones

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I'm looking for headphones or a headset, but I'm not sure about what I need. I used this page and others to find good ones for me, but usually they are not suitable for long periods of time due bad durability, tightness, etc., or had a strong bass.

Budget: $45 for something with free international shipping. I can increase it by at most $10 if it's needed.

Source: Desktop PC, notebook.

Requirements for Isolation: I need, at least, some isolation, because my neighbors are a bit noisy.

Requirement for sound leaks: I want to avoid significantly sound leaks. If someone behind me heard at half the volume of speakers + subwoofer, it's already ok for me.

Preferred Type of Headphone: Full-sized. I think they sound better and are the best for isolation and reducing leaks.

Preferred tonal balance: I think neutrals fit me best, but I'm not sure, however. I need advice here. I don't like strong basses. I can't stand when people use the subwoofer so loudly. For me, it feels unnatural. I never used headphones with certain tonal balances, such as bright, mid-focused, V-shaped and other types of headphones, so I'm not sure what fits me better. So this is open to advice because I'm not exactly sure what tonal balance fits me better. What do you think?

Past headphones: The ones I'm going to choose will be my first headphones. I always used speakers with a subwoofer.

Preferred Music: Symphonic metal, melodic music, power metal, gothic metal, Chinese traditional music, pop - jpop - some kpop, and classical music. The genres are ordered from the most to the least frequent. I also prefer female singers (around 70% of my music) over males.

What would you like to improve on from your set-up: I want something that goes well with games (mostly RPGs. I don't play shooters), movies and all the music genres I mentioned above. Sometimes I'm for hours just using Skype, or listening music while programming, so I need something with a good durability and comfortable to use for long time periods. Also, I want to fulfill the requirements about isolation and sound leaks. I'm not wanting something perfect here, but I need some isolation and reduce the sound leaking.

Thanks in advance for reading. Any advice is helpful.

Welcome to the forum. Very comprehensive request! Can I ask do you have an external DAC/headphone amplifier already please?

This can make a real difference to a. sound and b. choice of headphone. At first pass, however, I think you should try the AKG 52.

Do let us know what you eventually get and hope this helps.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Zhirose said:
Thanks!

I don't. I always tought that was only for much more expensive audio sets than mine.

I was thinking about the K52 after reading a review (from here if I remember correctly), but I only found them on Amazon and the seller doesn't deliver to my country.

I searched in these sites: AliExpress, eBay, Amazon, Deal Extreme, BestOfferBuy, Banggood, Dino Direct and Tmart

Try getting a MEE HT-21. It's very low-cost, but made well, with decent sound. I have headphones costing $1700, but I've still spent a lot of listening time with the HT-21.

pi-electronics

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I recently got an headphone called Piduet and the sound quality is perfect. The super bass and noise cancellation also performance good in the use. The built-in microphone can let me make a clear phone call in a noise environment.

The most important reason I recommend this model is the price is within your budget and you can search for it to have a look.

TRENDING THREADS