Adding home cinema speakers to hi-fi set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Happy new year folks ;)

About to move house.......very tempted to create a home cinema set up. Not a big tv watcher though and don't want to spend too much on new speakers, but equally don't want to let the Dali's down. Not sure how to go about it.......could I get away with just adding 2-4 speakers around the room without centres and subwoofers? How should I drive them?....considering I'm already using 2 primare amps to bi-amp the Dali's. Can I integrate the whole system easily? Should I just forget about home cinema and stick to the tv going through the 2 floor-standers because it still sounds pretty good? ;)

Posted this on the home cinema forum too.......but wanted views here.

Cheers, Sam

A

Anonymous

I am in the same boat and am very slowly buying av speakers. I have also Primare gear, although I am not biamping.

When I get all the pieces in place I was going to see if I could take a pre out from the av amp for the two fronts and feed them to the Primare as an input. I would need to note the volume on the Primare and see if I could calibrate the systems. This way I could use the fronts for hi-fi and av. I have a sub, just bought a centre, and am looking for rear speakers.

I have a sub connected to the Primare, and I was going to see if I could send the full frequency range to the Primare, and try to get the sub going. I also want to send full range to the fronts because I am using the low level input on the sub for hi-fi. I am not convinced the high level feed is affecting the main speakers.

I don't know if this will all work, but posted as it might be food for thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts