A thread for praise of the mag/website

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
there are lots of threads on here either pointing out errors or what people think (rightly or wrongly) the mag/website ought to be etc...

but i was wondering if you all could come up with as much praise for parts that you actually like about the magazine etc...

for my 2p worth...

mag

not overly techie, reviews take cost into account. looks at both 2ch and AV kit. also i really love the fact that it covers both kit i can afford easy, accessable high street kit as well as the more expensive stuff i can aspire to, i have no doubt i would not have ended up with Roksan CDP and Epos speakers without the mag introducing me to the makes.

i would have ended up not being sure what to get and maybe not getting separates at all...

website

can access data on reviews etc very easily, also the forums are ...addictive?

so please add comments on what you do like about the mag and website!

A

Anonymous

I like the fact that the reviews are available on the web site and not hidden behind 'well, you'll just have to buy the mag if you want to read it'.

I mean, the award winners were published on the site at the same time the mag came out - that to me shows that WHF is confident that their web site is a 'companion' to the mag and not just being used as an advertising device...

Thanks WHF for that. Not a lot of people do it.

My 2p.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
A brave effort, Tim, but I wonder if even this shameless bump will extend the thread to anything like the length and breadth of the complaining ones.

A

Anonymous

Does that mean we don't like brown-nosing or we do like moaning?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Simon Lucas:Personally speaking, I much prefer moaning to brown-nosing - my colleagues will confirm it.

Oh so true Simon, oh so true!
emotion-4.gif

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Well every item of kit I have bought either new or second-hand has had a four or five star review in What Hi-Fi (with the exception of one-Cambridge Audio A500 Amp- it died after three years), I still have almost every issue I've bought and even started buying back issues second-hand on eBay to replace the ones I'd lost.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I really look forward to receiving my copy each month. Wish I`d signed up earlier. I think the layout of the magazine is outstanding. Already been said it covers both av and hi-fi. Inspired me to change a number of components in my set up and I might not be enjoying my current one as much as I am without the mags input/advice. Of all the magazines I read this is the one I read the quickest. Others are often put aside for a day or two before reading but I always start reading What Hi-Fi straight away. Thoroughly enjoyable read.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts