A system for £2000...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A family member has asked me to look for a system for £2000 but i have to say I’m a bit out of date with current products. The £2000 is to include a 50" plasma, AV receiver and speakers so we're not talking top end here.

Could anyone give me any good starts, i will be researching this but a point in the right direction would be great. I have already got them to get this months whathifi which is waiting for me when i see them as i have to admit i haven't bought a copy for about 6 months. Stops me getting itchy to upgrade mine :)

Many Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, a quick look on the site suggest something like the Samsung PS50P96FD, the LG 50PG6000 or the Hitachi P50XR01 (which includes a PVR) for the TV. For the amp and speakers, a lot is going to depend on requirements. Blu-Ray or just DVD playback? Future potential of Blu-Ray if not already or no chance of Blu-Ray? Style speakers or traditional ones? Traditional speakers will sound better for the money, but will look like standard speakers dotted around the living room, whereas style ones will be less intrusive on the living room, at the cost of sound.
Also, how important is the music / movie performance?

A

Anonymous

This is what i need to find out, thats why i got them to buy the magazine so we can look through. I'm going over there to discuss these types of things. They basically want the same thing as mine but i need to check this as my speakers take up alot of room really. I have a Samsung PS50Q97HDX and Samsung DVD player (can't think of model) with Cambridge Audio Azur A540 (i think), REL Q200E sub, Mordaunt Short 914s, 902i's and 905 centre with QED silver biwire and QED HDMI connection.

I have never listened to smaller speakers to see what they can do, i know you can't get my TV anymore, i remember a Sony AV reciever STR1200ES (i think) being good, Tannoy speaker set etc but until i have a look this all might be far out of date...

TRENDING THREADS