A sad day (made better)

Currently sat in my living room, staring at my TV on the wall.... switched off..... waiting for the mrs to get home so I can take it down and pack it back into its box.

after I'd had it a few days I had begun to notice a few things not quite right with the screen.

the first thing being dark patches, like looking through a vail, and the next, more obvious and most annoying was vertical banding. Jeez! Once you see it, all you seem to do is stare at it.

I emailed Sony and got a reply telling me to do a factory reset. That changed nothing.

So after a few more days I reluctantly rang Argos, who to my surprise immediately said "no problem, we will send another one"

so, it's going back tomorrow and another will be getting delivered.

In my naivety I assumed all led/LCD screen issues would have been a thing of the past but it seems this is a common problem.

Its a shame, as the TV itself is rather good for a "budget" model.

Fingers crossed I'll have better luck with the next one.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
In my naivety I assumed all led/LCD screen issues would have been a thing of the past but it seems this is a common problem.

Sounds to me that sometimes technologically the industry tries to walk before it can run. They haven't always truly ironed out the problems and inconsistencies with new technologies before they're thrust upon the customers while they start on the next Big Thing. Even years later, customers are still often 'beta testers' who have actually paid the manufacturers for the priviledge.

Got a day off so I've been looking through the TVs settings and apps etc, and found Spotify, so I'm giving that a go. I've only ever listened to Spotify through headphones, so it's nice to hear it through my speakers. It's got me wondering about getting a dac now, for better sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts